Thread: WTB: Hella (118) TN-4 reflectors, lenses, and mounting brackets

WTB: Hella (118) TN-4 reflectors, lenses, and mounting brackets

Please send me a PM and asking price, if you got a nice set of Hella driving light TN-4 reflectors, lenses, and mounting brackets laying around. I'll take a good used driver condition as well. Thanks in advance. Andy
    Andy (VA).

Quote Originally Posted by flatsixcrazy View Post
    Please send me a PM and asking price, if you got a nice set of Hella driving light TN-4 reflectors, lenses, and mounting brackets laying around. I'll take a good used driver condition as well. Thanks in advance. Andy
    118 (mm lenses/bezels) do not match TN4 reflectors which are a 115 (mm lenses/bezels). The 118 "Euro" driving and fog lights use an H1 or H3 bulb. THe TN4 reflectors are tungsten (much lower wattage bulbs). The items common to 118s and 115s are: chrome housings (basically the same), little squiggely bezel holding bracket/screw, and swivels. So, what are you after? Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    118 (mm lenses/bezels) do not match TN4 reflectors which are a 115 (mm lenses/bezels). The 118 "Euro" driving and fog lights use an H1 or H3 bulb. THe TN4 reflectors are tungsten (much lower wattage bulbs). The items common to 118s and 115s are: chrome housings (basically the same), little squiggely bezel holding bracket/screw, and swivels. So, what are you after? Thanks.

-Allen-
    Hi Allen.
    Thanks for the clarification. Upon closer inspection, it looks like I have a set of bastardized Hella lights (TN-4 body with 118mm lens and chrome bezel). So I'll go with TN-1/2 reflectors for these 118mm lens and bezel combination. Please let me know if you have a good driver reflector set? Thanks again. Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy (VA).

Hi Allen.
    Thanks for the clarification. Upon closer inspection, it looks like I have a set of bastardized Hella lights (TN-4 body with 118mm lens and chrome bezel). So I'll go with TN-1/2 reflectors for these 118mm lens and bezel combination. Please let me know if you have a good driver reflector set? Thanks again. Andy
    No, those are "115" fog lens/bezel, that goes witht the TN1/TN2 reflector, using the tungsten low-wattage bulb. Do you have a pair of what you are showing? Thanks.

-Allen-

Hi, I have 2 pairs of NOS TN1-TN2 Lights see
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...N1-TN2-TTG-Fog

Cheers

ULI

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Hi, I have 2 pairs of NOS TN1-TN2 Lights see
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...N1-TN2-TTG-Fog

Cheers

ULI
    Nice lights, fair, @ "market" price. Thanks.

-Allen-

No, those are "115" fog lens/bezel, that goes witht the TN1/TN2 reflector, using the tungsten low-wattage bulb. Do you have a pair of what you are showing? Thanks.

-Allen-
    Rats!! Just when I thought I've got it :-). Allen, please bare with me as I'm as thick and as slow as they come. I'm I to understand that:

1) Euro cars came with 118 mm TN1-TN2 lenses, TN1-TN2 reflectors, using H3 bulbs (Italian cars used H-1 bulbs). Some suppliers will use tractor lights body which uses 118 mm TN1-TN2 reflectors, and then add 118 mm TN1-TN2 lenses to make the set more correct.

2) U.S cars came with 115 mm TN4 lenses, TN-4 reflectors, using Tungsten bulbs. It is the same set up as 914's fog light set ups except for the black housings. The reason I have 115mm TN1-TN2 lenses is the previous owner put it on to make it looks like a Euro car?

3) To make my set work, I should be looking for the U.S. 914s fog lenses and reflectors, both of which originally came as 115mm TN4s an uses tungsten bulbs?

Yes, I do have a pair of these 115mms lights.

Thanks again for helping me get smart. Andy
    Andy (VA).

TN1-TN2 lenses are 115 and interchange with TN4 lenses which are original to USA Porsche. I have good TN type reflectors, PM me if interested.
    Last edited by 66S; 01-01-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Rats!! Just when I thought I've got it :-). Allen, please bare with me as I'm as thick and as slow as they come. I'm I to understand that:

1) Euro cars came with 118 mm TN1-TN2 lenses, TN1-TN2 reflectors, using H3 bulbs (Italian cars used H-1 bulbs). Some suppliers will use tractor lights body which uses 118 mm TN1-TN2 reflectors, and then add 118 mm TN1-TN2 lenses to make the set more correct.

2) U.S cars came with 115 mm TN4 lenses, TN-4 reflectors, using Tungsten bulbs. It is the same set up as 914's fog light set ups except for the black housings. The reason I have 115mm TN1-TN2 lenses is the previous owner put it on to make it looks like a Euro car?

3) To make my set work, I should be looking for the U.S. 914s fog lenses and reflectors, both of which originally came as 115mm TN4s an uses tungsten bulbs?

Yes, I do have a pair of these 115mms lights.

Thanks again for helping me get smart. Andy
    118s and TN1/TN2 are mutally exclusive. 118s all use H3 or H1 bulbs. TN is for tungsten bulb.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 01-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    TN1-TN2 lenses are 115 and interchange with TN4 lenses which are original to USA Porsche. I have good TN type reflectors, PM me if interested.
    Thanks Rick. PM sent.

118s and TN1/TN2 are mutally exclusive. 118s all use H3 or H1 bulbs. TN is for tungsten bulb.

-Allen-
    Thanks Allen. That clears it up for me.
    Andy (VA).