Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1967 Porsche 911S values

1967 Porsche 911S values

Hi Guys,

Note: If you hate discussing 911 values...don't read this.

This is a pick up post from the 911S for sale thread. I thought this new information merits its own post.

New Hagerty pricing for 1967 Porsche 911Ses...

Condition 1 = $261k
    Condition 2 = $221k
    Condition 3 = $173k
    Condition 4 = $140k

That makes project cars $100k+, the recent (yesterday) sale of the 67s made into a turbo beast for $40k something was very well bought...as was the sale of the Montana slate grey/ black 67S for $80k. The slate grey car was all there and will need far less work to make right again.

That $261k sale for a 67S....what is known about this sale/ car?

Appears 2014 will see the $300k+ 67S for a tier 1 car.....anyone surprised? I am not.

Happy New Year!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Note: If you hate discussing 911 values...don't read this.
    +1 Good opening line!!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

For the record. Values DO matter big time.

The more $$ these little cars are worth the more will be saved, restored and preserved. If someone buys a $100k project car he has to have the reasonable expectation that he won't lose his butt after 2-3 years of living through (and paying for) the restoration process. Another never talked about aspect of the increasing values is the fact that old Porsche businesses can survive and thrive. I think about the guys who worked on our 67S...I want all of them to be around for a long time and have very successful businesses. At some level these old cars have become kinetic art and the guys who possess the knowledge to keep them alive are true artists.

Happy new year everyone!

Tim

The other good thing is that I can do things to my '73 and not be upside down. If the prices keep going up I can justify painting the car. Before you trash me for painting the car remember that it's not the original paint on the car now.
    Name:  73 911 Exhaust 2.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  68.8 KB
    btw - I also have an original muffler and rear panel stored in my garage attic.
    Richard Newton
    Car Tech Stuff

Congrats to all us lucky owners.
    Look at the evaluation from Hagerty's Business Model.
    Revenue is hitched to the evaluation owners place on their property.
    What is their (Hagerty's) exposure?
    What percent of the property is used on a regular basis that increases the potential of a claim?

Quote Originally Posted by 50/50 View Post
    Congrats to all us lucky owners.
    Look at the evaluation from Hagerty's Business Model.
    Revenue is hitched to the evaluation owners place on their property.
    What is their (Hagerty's) exposure?
    What percent of the property is used on a regular basis that increases the potential of a claim?
    Good point. Another party interested in increasing prices and more cars being insured. But the data is there. However, wider spread knowledge of that data increases the willingness to pay top dollar.

I was recently searching for my own 67S and after kissing a few frogs and actually buying one that wasn't exactly right for me, I found this 67S Silver & Red with sunroof and some special options. Granted it's just a driver but seeing these prices makes me feel better about what I had to pay to get the car. Even with a restoration it seems like I'll be able to enjoy it without having overpaid.

Name:  DSC02401.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  147.3 KB

Name:  DSC02302.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  110.8 KB

Name:  COA.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  50.2 KB

Loos great the 67 S. What is the sibling next to it, some pics, looks as good as the 67 S
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Banned
    Absolutely beautiful car Mike.

Nice find.

Yep, nice car, nice shop, nice company!!!!! I love it. Is that before the restoration that won't put you under? Beautiful!!! None of it comes cheap, but these cars are dead on for what $$ I have to play with - and I am certainly not alone, which means I can sell someday to one of you guys If I ever get a car...

Happy New Year!!