Thread: FS: @Russo and Steele - 1973 911S

FS: @Russo and Steele - 1973 911S

Russo and Steele will be selling a red '73 S, 64,500 miles, #9113300836, in Scottsdale on 1/15-19, at no reserve. I have no other details.

Just a few cars off from my 0854. Will be curious to see this cars spec and history. Even the mileage is similar.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

VIN = 9113300836
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

Previous appearance . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...or-Sale/page73
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...or-Sale/page74

Other venues . . .

. . . This Porsche 911S is sequentially the 836th of only 1,430 examples built in 1973. Chassis 0836 was a special-order vehicle completed at the request of Forest Lane Porsche Audi in Dallas, Texas on behalf of a prominent and highly favored local client. The original order specified a low-option "S" model without the "S" trim and with tinted windows as well as air conditioning with the exterior finished in the standard color of Bahia Red with Black leatherette interior. No other options were specified or requested.

This Porsche remained in single family ownership from completion in the Spring of 1973 until June of 2013. In that 40-year time frame, this Porsche 911S covered only 64,424 original and well cared for miles. The family greatly treasured this particular Porsche as evidenced by a large and highly detailed documentation album consisting of records and receipts during their ownership along with tools and owner's manual and pouch.

In 1996 with 56,000 miles having been covered, this Porsche was carefully treated to a full mechanical and cosmetic rebuild that focused on keep the car as original and correct as possible. The work continued over the next five years and cumulated in the full rebuild and refitting of the original high-output type 911/53 "S" engine.

Today, this Porsche has covered a total of 64,424 documented, original miles from new. This 911S is without any known mechanical or cosmetic defects and even the ultra-fussy original clock still functions and keeps perfect time. The original stock steering wheel is included along with the updated one shown in the inspection photos . . .

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collec...he-911-S/61912

. . . $159k . . .
    http://www.dealer5.com/c/used-1973-p...11s-2-4-214770

. . . A great example of the ultimate early 911 model, this 911S Coupe is sequentially the 836th of only 1,430 examples built in 1973. It was a special-order vehicle completed at the request of Forest Lane Porsche - Audi of Dallas, Texas on behalf of a prominent and highly favored local client. The original order specified a low-option S model without the normal S trim but equipped with tinted windows and air conditioning, with the exterior finished in Bahia Red with black leatherette upholstery. These colors are factory-original and confirmed by the car's accompanying Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. The 911S remained under single-family ownership from new in 1973 until June 2013, covering fewer than 64,500 documented, original, and well-maintained miles. The family greatly treasured this particular Porsche as evidenced by a large and highly detailed document file accumulated during their ownership, plus tools, the owner's manual, and pouch. In 1996 at 56,000 miles, the 911S received a careful and full mechanical and cosmetic refurbishment focussed on keeping the car as original and correct as possible. The work continued over the next five years, cumulating in the full rebuilding of the original high-output Type 911/53 S engine. As offered, the car has no known mechanical or cosmetic defects and even the ultra-fussy original clock still functions and keeps perfect time. The original steering wheel is included with the sale of the car as well. Today, excellent early 911S models are highly sought-after and few truly outstanding examples come to market. With single-family care from new, this particular example is simply exceptional and marks a great opportunity to acquire a fast-appreciating motoring icon . . .
    http://www.autocherish.com/homes/adv...4jPFQsMzRgCmAK

(Not mine)

. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Beautiful car. Interestingly, my car too was sold at Forest Lane, ordered by the dealer as a lot car I believe. Similar spec, but no A/C and i have the chin spoiler. His motor is 5 later than mine. The schtick isn't quite right. Mine is a Feb 1973 car, so completion in the spring is wrong. They must have come over on the boat together. This car lived in the bosom of one family and mine went through as many 10 hands before landing in mine. The only auction my car ever saw was a police auction !

This is going to be cool to watch.

P.S. Rick, you left out the kick a$$ rear deck speaker pictures and mods. Goes with the aftermarket radio and front speakers in the door pockets I suppose. The dash looks newer, as does the facia. So, not quite unmolested, but still a great looker. Are those D headrests ?
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 01-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Hmmm...this same car apparently sold at the Russo and Steele auction in Las Vegas on 9/27/13 for $116,000 according to the January '14 issue of Sports Car Market magazine (page 98). Anyone know what gives? A quick flip? A failed deal?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    . . . P.S. Rick, you left out the kick a$$ rear deck speaker pictures and mods. Goes with the aftermarket radio and front speakers in the door pockets I suppose. The dash looks newer, as does the facia. So, not quite unmolested . . .
    Ay-yay-yaaay!

Look-look --- I'm trying to give at least a vague aroma of impartiality, here . . .

Besides --- I can only post 5 pics

P.S. Ya forgot to mention that vintage a/c condenser install --- under the car/behind the front wheel-wells

We Can Be Heroes

Wonder what the deal is with this one. I was looking through the latest SCM mag yesterday and noticed it is listed as "sold at $116K" during the Russo Steele auction in Vegas 9/13.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

VIN = 9113300836
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

Sold . . . $116k, Russo & Steele, Las Vegas, Sep '13

We Can Be Heroes

I never saw a MY '73S without a 'S' front chin spoiler. Was it possible to order one without it? And why would you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGS73E View Post
    I never saw a MY '73S without a 'S' front chin spoiler. Was it possible to order one without it? And why would you?
    I have...yes...not everyone likes them...