Thread: FS: Porsche 911 912 '68 dashboards

FS: Porsche 911 912 '68 dashboards

I have 2 complete '68 only dashboards for sale. 1 set has no cracks (also not in the past, as far as I can see) but has had a new upholstery in the past. It can be installed right away for a daily driver.

The other set has a crack and should be restored completely.

I am asking USD 400,- for the both and that also includes worldwide shipping and paypal fees.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a really good price you're asking for both sets of dashes. I had my '68 dash redone a few years ago and although it came out perfect, and exactly like the original, its cost was almost 3 times what you're asking. Because these dashes are known for developing that front-to-back stress fracture, and that coupled with the rarity of a one-year-only dash, I asked the company who did my dash to shorten the overall width 1/4 inch. Specifically, I asked them to take 1/8" off each end, before they did the recovering. My thought was that you would never see the difference, and the dash would not be pressed toward the center from both sides. So far, it's worked out great, with no indication of cracking. Good luck with the sale.

PM, sent

Merv
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S

Reserved for Tim from Belgium.

I thought I was in there pretty early yesterday ... but no worries.
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S