Thread: Maybe I will get insulted but...

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Maybe I will get insulted but...

...I have decided to buy things from paid members only...my call.

Update : I had not any bad surprises from my bought from anyone here, no confusion. Just a way to get more paid member to make the Sreg long lasting.
    Cheers

Xavier
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 01-11-2014 at 07:11 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

About a year ago there was a shake-up within the 356 Registry involving access to the forums based on paid members vs lurkers/freeloaders. I think anyone who is spending any amount of time on these forums should be willing to cough up the annual membership dues. It's a small amount of money for what the club offers. Yes, I am a dues paying member. - Matt
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

How do you tell who is a paying member?
    I joined about 6months ago, do I need to do something?

I don't know if its possible to tell... \0/

- I figure, just getting one personal free advice on here or offering the same to help a fellow 911 enthusiast, is well worth the dues.
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384

How do you tell who is a paying member?
    Proudly display your S Registry paid membership number in your signature..........

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

At present there is no incentive to become a full member to this site, other than the exceptional Esses publication, which is worth the price of admission. Member or not you have access to everything on the site.

One possible way to distinquish members from non members, other than Chucks suggestion, would be for the administrators to identify members with "junior member, senior member etc" under their name as it is currently done, while non members would read "junior level, senior level etc". This would tell everyone immediately who was and was not a member. I don't know how difficult this would be to set up.

Xavier, i have not taken it to that level, but i do try to buy only from senior or known members, this flushes out the scammers that lately lurk the BB.

John from Jzgroup stated it well in his link, Chuck might want to place both of these post together for space purpous., But i think if you have more than 100 posts, the Reg def has being very usefull to the person, so i dont see why you wouldnt want to do some economically cooperation, since its more what you get than what In my case put in.

The adm here does a lovely job in keeping this organize, and they dedicate much time to it. In my case i have beifited so much, that i am extremly proud to part of the guys here.

I hope to concrete a Spanish chapter one day, but Xavier, you know how dificult it is.
    just m.op
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771