Thread: FS: 911 RSR Crankshaft 2.8 or 3.0 liter OEM - 70.4mm / 6-Bolt - Like New

FS: 911 RSR Crankshaft 2.8 or 3.0 liter OEM - 70.4mm / 6-Bolt - Like New

Lower price! $5,495 plus shipping.

Fresh out of Ollie's machine shop. Stroke 70.4mm Racing Crankshaft from a 911 RSR, 2.8 or 3.0 liter. Standard/Standard, straight, oil plugs removed and reinstalled after the crank was flushed-out and cleaned, magnafluxed and micropolished. Ready for the engine build.

It is also listed on eBay, but I can stop the auction. Larger photos here.

No 'pm' please, contact me directly at AJSERRANO at MSN dot COM.

DSC06283.jpg

DSC06297.jpg

Thank you for looking!

8 pages deep, long weekend bump...

Excuse the ignorance...what differentiates a 70.4 crank from a 70.4 "racing" crank" ?

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Unlike production street parts, the 911 RSR racing crankshafts are designed to use special thrust bearings for substained high rpm use, they are knife-edged, better balanced and lighten. The RSR crankshafts are also Nitride hardened which is a metal treatment process applied to the crankshaft after all machine work has been done. In endurance racing, the parts have to last so you can finish the race.

If you like to see what a 911 RSR crankshaft looks like after the nitride process, I had some photos taken of one of my other RSR cranks, see here

I'm not an engineer or a race engine builder by any means, so anyone else in the know that can share additional information, please chime in...

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    I thought the biggest difference was the radius cut in the journals. Much larger, requiring special bearings or bearings with machined chamfer to avoid radius riding. (the sharp edge of the bearing hitting the big round corner of the journal). Large radius = strength

911 RSR Crankshaft Journal Close-Up Photo...

ERASE 911 RSR JOURNAL CRANK PHOTO.jpg

W/e Bump...

Anyone interested?