Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Where are all these 2.4 S now? Here are some stats.

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Hi Steve,

I've sent you an PM with some off-line info.

The RHD 73S Targa I mention is a manual, so not the unique 911 you refer to. Original colour is Metallic Silver. Options believed to be Leatherette Sports seats, rear nudge bar, rear wiper, TTG driving lights. Separated from its original engine as mentioned.
    The previous owner is a friend of 35+ years. I've known the new owner for 2 years.

I wonder where that unique Emerald Green Targa is????

Gary
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Hi Gary

Nice to hear from you. I don’t have anything much on non Sporto . I did digging for a friend on UK sporto hence what I shared was on car with that transmission. Sorry don’t have info. I do have the original British 73 price list one pager genuine as printed by PCGB — mimeograph old paper size foolcap I think — which is as they ran copies off a typed master in 72/3– I might sell but it is rare so would be expensive.

Steve

Best

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Sportomatic 9113300278 was first registered in the UK in October 1972 The original motor number was 6339048. Aubergine as you say. first registered with licence plate 1JBC which would’ve been a personalised plate of some value in that format ( three letters preceded by 1), in fact probably very valuable fetching six figures for such a prestige licence plate if it came up for sale today I suppose? 1 with three digits is earlyish in UK vehicle licence numbering system.

There were I believe 27 rhd Sportomatic 911 TES delivered to the UK during model year 1973. Of which, just two Sportomatic S coupes delivered in the UK that year plus one more was a Sportomatic S but a Targa. The latter’s configuration was actually more expensive than a rhd Carrera RS M471 Sport and perhaps even more expensive than what was seen as the top of range RS M472 Touring which due to having S trim was more expensive than the Sport! 911 Targa was only available first time in RHD for model year 73 so that example is unique unless another 911 Sportomatic Targa S went to a rhd market like Aus NZ SA HK ?

This is a magazine advert for the Earl’s Court British motor show held October 1972
    Attachment 611674

I think I might have the original British press release regarding the rhd targa and I certainly do have an original black and white press photo print of the targa in rhd its by the importers preferred photographer. His Ink stamp is on the reverse. Also have a period magazine review of 73 911 Targa —rhd E model (not an S) featured in launch press — importers reprint of magazine road test of 73 that was used by them as a dealer brochure. Rare literature that probably better with one the 73 911 rhd targa rarities rather than gathering dust on my shelf.

I understand there were four Sportomatic S coupes imported to UK by concessionaire PCGB during model year 1972; I have a friend who owns one of the four think he is just its second owner and keeps it in clean condition still in Sportomatic S coupe form. Afaik no lhd S Targa 911 imported by Porsche GB to UK in Sportomatic S form that model year.
    Hth

Steve
    Thanks Steve!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter