Good Morning:

I have a 73.5 CIS. I went out yesterday to drive my car and as usual I turned the key to on position, heard the fuel pump turn on. I then lifted the hand lever all the way up, NO pedal at all, started the car, I then put lever where car sounded like it was idling properly.

I then noticed the smell of gas. I looked into the engine bay and there was no evidence of gas leaking. I then looked under the drivers side and saw a small puddle of gas underneath drivers side and gas was lightly spraying. Pushed the lever down and turned off the ignition. No more gas leaking.

I went out an hour later and started the car (bypassing the cold start) by turning it on, heard the fuel pump and gave the accelerator a few half presses and it started. No gas leaking and seemed normal. The only difference is starting procedure this time was not using the cold start lever. I started it this again this morning. (Bypassing the cold start)

I'm not one to try to replicate the problem. I didn't try the cold start lever again. Any thoughts of what I may be facing?