Thread: FS: Factory 63-64 ONLY NARDI Wheel

FS: Factory 63-64 ONLY NARDI Wheel

Rare Factory Nardi wheel date stamped 63. $1749 OBO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Early 911 spine were the same as 356's if I remember correctly. I can take a picture of the spines when I get off work tonight.
    Mark

That very wheel was made long past '64. I have one dated '69 and remember them for sale BITD at some euro car parts shops. Some had rivets, some did not. The spline fits 356C, 912, and 911. They should take the original double mushroom horn button. There is a repro of the horn button out there but it will not fit the original Nardi. Also, I think Nardi was aftermarket and not offered on factory cars, maybe you mean orig Nardi Factory which it certainly looks like. There are plenty of fakes out there. .02 I might have a spare horn button if needed.
    Last edited by steve shea; 01-27-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    That very wheel was made long past '64. I have one dated '69 and remember them for sale BITD at some euro car parts shops. The spline fits 356C, 912, and 911. They should take the original double mushroom horn button. There is a repro of the horn button out there but it will not fit the original Nardi. Also, I think Nardi was aftermarket and not offered on factory cars, maybe you mean orig Nardi Factory which it certainly looks like. .02 I might have a spare horn button if needed.
    Steve this wheel was made before '65. Post '64 wheels don't show the rivets (which can be seen on the 3rd picture).

Just my $.02

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Pres thats right, I think I mentioned that. But the early ones were riveted. Not that rare though like say a flat VDM GT. By the way the horn button was the same that Nardi used on their flat 356A wheels. The double mushroom. The center could be wired for the horn or flasher and the outer wired for one or the other.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Looks beautiful. I love the old Nardis. I have a flat Nardi on a 356a and a flat vdm on another. Can't decide whether I prefer the vdm or Nardi.

I also checked with my mechanic and he confirmed that early 911 (up to at least 69 and 365 are the same ) wheel splines.jpgAttachment 0
    Last edited by MJHanna; 01-27-2014 at 05:10 PM.

here is a better picture of the date code. its not a rep. wheel date.jpgwheel date.jpg

If wheel is still available I will buy it. Thanks, Steve 714-319-4593