Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Story of the Poor Loser and the Greedy Inlander

Banned
    Actually the short, old, obnoxious caller has plenty of engine cases already so no sour grapes there. Since he's a good friend of mine I can tell you that his beef was that the seller got greedy (What else do you call starting an impromptu auction once you realize that you may have underpriced the thing? And then he REFUSED to acknowledge that he was holding an auction.)

Integrity and principle matter.

BTW: This kind of thing makes my day. Anytime a situation close to home can be used to point out the challenges that we all face in life and the human experience, I'm happy.
    Life is short and while every day may not be unicorns pooping rainbows, they should certainly be filled with seizing opportunities to grow.

I see the short, old, obnoxious caller's point there. It is annoying, why not just eBay the stuff? Anyways, free country and all. Hope the seller and buyer are both happy. I think the main point to me anyways is that these finds are still out there. That's half the fun right?
    1976 Turbo Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by craighardy View Post
    I see the short, old, obnoxious caller's point there. It is annoying, why not just eBay the stuff? Anyways, free country and all. Hope the seller and buyer are both happy. I think the main point to me anyways is that these finds are still out there. That's half the fun right?
    They're not "finds" when the price goes Saturn V ... they're "finds" when the price is U Boat.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

My point was that it was a find for the craigslist seller. He bought it only a week ago and I would bet he paid a lot less than 8k.
    1976 Turbo Carrera

I agree totally with Frank, once again ! but once you state the price thats it, if you have not done your homework, well tough.

If some is nice to advise you that the Motor, Diamond etc is worth much more, then the correct way is to get a real value, and replace the ad at the correct price or fair pair.

This also happens on ebay, they put areserve and then realize that it was too low, and sell the car behinds scenes, yes its a free world, and seller can do what ever he wants with his item, but it also shows that the seller has not done the proper home work.

I still think that the good deals, like evrything else in life, is about contacts, the good cars, realstate, or what ever is your cup of tea, sell behind the sceens, yes once in a while some good 911 comes along via listing or web page.

Ofcourse guys this is just my .2 cents
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

is this the basis of a new reality show? combining chasing cars and storage wars, blah blah blah, till its overhauling at the monster garage, and then its off to barrett jackson. woo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    They're not "finds" when the price goes Saturn V ... they're "finds" when the price is U Boat.
    Have you priced a U-Boat lately?

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bodVVtqmbZE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>