Thread: PMO main jet, how removed?

PMO main jet, how removed?

Feel like an idiot. I've got the air cleaner and its support off and am staring I think at the air correctors on top of the emulsion tubes. At the bottom of these stacks I'm told lie the main jets. A little pressure with a screwdriver on the top jet has done nothing so far; I'm worried that turning it any harder will just destroy the jet.

Just added Liquid Wrench where the stack seems to enter or screw into the carb body and will let it sit for a day or two.

Do I want to use a screwdriver to loosen this thing, or should it be a pliers with cloth or something wrapped around it to protect the entire tube? Any wisdom gratefully received.
    jhtaylor
    santa barbara
    74 911 coupe. 2.7 redone by Competition Engineering; ported to 36mm, shuffle-pinned, boat-tailed, Elgin mod-S cams, J&E 9.5's, PMO's.
    73 Targa (much beloved, sold and off to a fine new home in San Francisco)

Well the answer is soak the stacks where they enter the float bowl cover for a day or two with penetrating oil then use a well fitting screwdriver. When you turn the screwdriver, you aren't turning a jet but the carrier that holds the air corrector, the emulsion tube, and the main jet.
    Last edited by jameshtaylor; 02-05-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    jhtaylor
    santa barbara
    74 911 coupe. 2.7 redone by Competition Engineering; ported to 36mm, shuffle-pinned, boat-tailed, Elgin mod-S cams, J&E 9.5's, PMO's.
    73 Targa (much beloved, sold and off to a fine new home in San Francisco)

I would use a screwdriver and pliers together.

Similar Threads

1. Reinstalling wiring harness removed by PO
    By Eminence Gris in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 03:47 PM
  2. removed A/C - have a hole in the bulkhead under dash
    By Boulder Bob in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
  3. Stuff I have removed and ready to go...
    By P911GUY! in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 12:08 PM
  4. How Have You Guys Removed Old Undercoating?
    By t6dpilot in forum General Info
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
  5. Removed my AC -- What Now??
    By larry47us in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:14 PM