Thread: ST Values

ST Values

What are the current and past selling values of the 911 ST. Now before everyone gets upset about values and how we should be driving our 911's, mine has 207,000 mi. Gets driven year around. It would be interesting to see the differance between a factory werks car and a quaity tribute car. Perhaps some current pictures of different cars would really add to this disscussion. Jerry

Not sure if you've seen this, but here's 56 pages to get'ya started.........

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...mate-ST-thread

And there's always our friend Armando's site:

http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rsr/911st
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 02-04-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

What's My Car Worth? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    . . . be interesting to see the differance between a factory werks car and a quality tribute car . . .
    Start here . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...nother-hot-rod
    Attached Images Attached Images      

We Can Be Heroes

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    man I would love to shoot/write about that car....
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

About 1998 I was shopping for another 356 speedster. I went down to Park City, Utah to see a '58 that was for sale. When I pulled in to the seller's driveway there was the speedster and next to it a werks ST in blood orange, numbers, and advert stickers. Seems like it was a '71.

I began to inspect the speedster but could not take my eyes off of the ST. He had a number of other cars for sale and was just reinventing his collection. The guy was also a vintage cup car racer. I was tunnel visioned on another T2 speedster so tried to concentrate on that car. After a long inspection and test drive I had a long think on the car during which time he lit up the ST. He took me for a ride around the block and totally messed up my purchase plans. It took me another hour or so of waffling but eventually bought the speedster which I still own. Any regrets? No, well maybe. He was asking 90K. I kept in touch with him and inquired about the ST some years later. He said it sold and went back to Germany and the last he heard it changed hands for 500K. This was quite a while ago. A big one that got away! Gives an idea for a new thread.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club