Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 T to E throttle body mod ???

2.2 T to E throttle body mod ???

Hi. I have a 2.2E which has a pair of throttle bodies which are behind repair/sleaving. I have also got 2 pairs of 2.2T trumpets and throttle bodies, my question is can I bore them to match the 2.2E heads or keep them standard. If I can bore them out is it just a simple cut or should it taper up to the plates?? Any help would be great.

Sorry, should read "beyond" repair NOT "behind"

Before you declare the "E" throttle bodies "behind" repair (grin)....I would send them to Parts Klassik in AZ....Those guys can work magic

The 2.2T is carberated, not MFI. Only the 2.2S and 2.2E were MFI.
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    Carrera T w/LWB, MT, RWS, PCCB
    72 T 66 x 100 MFI Twin Plug Coupe
    R Gruppe #686

Sorry guys I'm over here in the UK. Are 2.4T MFI??? If they were I think that is what I have euro spec. I have 2 pairs that have 28mm out "1.1/8th old money, and 38mm in 1.1/2 ???

Hi, we are in the UK and restore lots of throttle bodies. If it helps contact my parts manager on scott@canfordclassics.co.uk

We can bore the bodies, we also make ou own butterflies, shafts and bushes, plus springs and plastic ends. We also machine stacks to suit both mag and plastic.

HTH

Alan

Few pics.

Refurb'ed bodies

And refurbed stacks with new bearings

Also we can Rebuild the pump

Or we have cast brand new ones....

HTH

Alan

Alan. Thanks for all the info. I would be interested in your services but I have 2 pairs of T bodies that I could either machine up to E spec or sell both on and spend the sale profits on a refurb service from your company. If I can simply cut a bigger bore in the lower side of my T bodies it would be a quick fix and cheaper. Just needed to know if this was feasible. It would be nice to keep my engine fully original but at what cost???

Hi, can I suggest you send them down. I can the fully inspect and report our findings?

Thanks

Alan

Bump up as Im still in the dark to wether I can fly cut my T throttle bodies to make them E spec ?