Thread: Introduction '72 911T 9112102199

Introduction '72 911T 9112102199

Hi All,

After 40 years of wanting but never having the chance to own one, yesterday I finally picked up my first Porsche and I can't begin to describe how excited I am.

It's a 1972 911T that was originally owned by a gentleman by the name of Kurt Schweickhard of Hollywood, Ca. The car now resides in Australia having been purchased by another Aussie forum member in 2006 and it was subsequently converted to RHD using the clip and dash from a '73S (apparently those who know say you can't tell it has been converted).

The car came with a raft of service records back to 1980 from "Andial" which is nice to have.

Anyway, about the car, it is a matching numbers car with original engine and gearbox but both not currently installed in the car. The car is fitted with a "rod rod" engine built by another forum member Randy Wells (specs below), suffice to say the car is quick enough. It is also very clean and straight and I look forward to doing a few little jobs to it (I've already replaced the alloy dash trim).

Cheers,

Harry.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...treet-or-Track

This proven one-of-a-kind motor has been freshly rebuilt from the crank up by PCA National Technical Committee member and ex-Bayside Racing Porsche mechanic Chris Powell of Bellevue, WA. Brand New. Zero Hours. No expense was spared in producing this very powerful yet fully drivable Varioram intake Motec EFI programmed 911 flat six.

270 flywheel HP at 6600 rpm and 230+ Ft. Lb. of Torque at 4250 rpm with Elgin 993 non-hydraulic Sport Cams. Over 290 HP can be achieved at 7600 rpm with 314/304 Race Cams. Records and testimonials available. Fully tested and sorted over four years. Super reliable. This 1-year build custom motor is complete and ready to install in your 911 today. Fits 2.7L race categories and sounds awesome - higher pitched than a 2.8 RSR engine. This motor includes the following installed items:

Motec M48 Engine Management: Fully optioned and optimized Motec EFI with wide band lambda, advanced fuel and ignition tuning, and logging, plus Motec IEX Ignition Expander feeding 12 individual Nippon-Denso coils near plugs with integral ignitor. Motec M48, IEX and harness installed, terminated and programmed by Chris Powell, factory trained and authorized Motec Dealer. Flexible maps for sport or race cams are provided to ensure perfect drivability, no stumbling and maximum safe horsepower and timing at all RPMs (over 50 hours of expert dyno, track and road tuning invested). Comes complete with PC laptop computer, Motec program, manual, interface, and all EFI maps

Varioram Induction ('98 993 Intake): Variable length intake runners adapted to early 911 heads with CNC billet aluminum injection couplers and 944 Turbo (951) fuel injectors. Fully tested to produce maximum torque over a broad power band (over 200 Ft. Lb. from 3300 to 6600 RPM with sport cams).

Custom Pauter Titanium Rods: (33% lighter than chrome moly)

Custom Pauter flowed 2.4 MFI Twin Plug 911 Heads: Modified for 51 I/42.5 E valves with flowed/matched 42/40 ports (HP plus torque). Gorgeous.

1967 Aluminum 911 Case: (strongest available for this motor) Case is fully machined, piston squirted, oil modified, and boat-tailed with GT3RS Oil Pump. Other parts installed: Custom Pauter knife-edged, cross-drilled and beveled edge long stroke crankshaft, NASCAR rod bearings, Mahle Nikasil 2.7L cylinders, Custom JE 90mm lightweight short skirt triple-coated pistons, 11:1 measured and verified compression ratio (safe with Motec sport map timing and 91 octane street gas), Lightweight wrist pins, Custom 51/42.5 Titanium valves, Titanium retainers, Aasco race springs, Polished rockers, 993 Sport cams, Turbo valve covers, ARP head studs, Carrera engine oil cooler, Carrera tensioners, Shuffle pinned Carrera chain housings, new chains and starter, and much more. Every critical part magnafluxed, micro-polished and balanced before assembly. This motor moves a lot of air and spins up very quickly! RPM limit can be pushed to 8500 safely.

The Rest: 1973 911 RSR flywheel (well secured), Sachs Sport 915 clutch, Carrera fan and fan housing, India red shroud, Carbon fiber block off plates, Clewett serpentine race pully/fan belt with custom Motec trigger sensor, RSR style motor mounting crossbar, 1 5/8" European Racing headers with lambda sensor, Monty dual-in/dual-out sport muffler, and custom sheet tin - all installed by Chris' German Auto Service in Bellevue, WA.

Easily converted to GT3 injectors and individual throttle bodies if you want to go REALLY crazy. Add a wild cam and you will hit well over 300 hp with insane throttle response.

Multiple class wins: 2006 Winner: NW Regional PCA Auto X Series - MO Class, 2006 Winner: SCCA Solo2 NW National Tour - FP Class, 2006 Trophy: National PCA Porsche Parade Auto X

Name:  IMG_7357-X2.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7346-X2.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7366-X2.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7359-X2.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  78.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats Harry. Looks like a nice car with a little more power than the stock T! Let's see some frontal views of the car if possible.
    Cheers

Thanks Nick, a couple of additional pics below.

Cheers,

Harry.

Name:  image-X2.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2256-X2.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  173.5 KB

Hi Harry...and welcome! The folks out here have been a great resource to me and I'm sure you will find the same as well. I have a 72 T also 911202045. Not too far down the assembly line from yours.
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

Thanks for the welcome Greg!

I've been busy with a few projects on the car. I installed a Rennshift with Stomski Racing precision coupler and added a birch shift knob courtesy of Manuel from this forum.

I aslo replaced the very loud two out muffler with a new Monty muffler. The noise at idle has gone from 110db with the old muffler (which I believe is also a Monty) to 94db with the new muffler. The wife and my neighbours are happy.

Cheers,

Harry.

Name:  IMG_7369-X2.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7377-X2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  79.0 KB

Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  91.8 KB

Hi Harry,

Rennshift, Stomski coupler, Balsa shift knob from Manuel...check! Yet even more ways our cars are similar. I still have the M&K neighbor-hater muffler on mine, but I'm not married either

Greg
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

Beautiful car!

Thanks Mark.

Greg, don't tell me you also have BF Torino Le Mans seats in houndstooth as well?

Cheers,

Harry.

Name:  IMG_7384-L.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  124.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7382-L.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  134.1 KB