Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W: 911 2.0t swb

WTB: 911 2.0t swb red polo

Yo. Posting from France, i'm looking for a 1968 SWB 2.0T red polo. No matters the painting or interior but the chassis has to be corrosion free and the engine has to be a matching and running 2.0T or a 2.0S from before the B series. Gearbox should also be a 901 5 speed. My project is to make a true copy of the T/R n°210 which won the Monte 1968 with Vic Elford and David Stone. Looking for a reasonable price... For a counter-example this one is the exact opposite of what i'm searching = Paint is new (weird satin effect) and the floors are horrible : http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...pe--c-2677.htm

Hope u know some kind of car. Thank you in advance.

Indie
    Last edited by indienestmonnom; 02-24-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Hi Indie,

good luck ;-)

OliveR

Looking for my queen since 1 year... But she's awaiting me since 46 years...

Up for a true Vic's fan...

rustfree body on a 68 car...everybodys dream!!! best for 10000,--USD in orignal paint with oringinal interieur!
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

Quote Originally Posted by 911r67 View Post
    rustfree body on a 68 car...everybodys dream!!! best for 10000,--USD in orignal paint with oringinal interieur!
    Talked about no-piercing-corrosion... I have a 68 Targa with clean body, i guess it could be found on some other cars...

Banned
    Still not sure I can make heads or tails from this thread.

Just in case I do understand:
    Why matching number if you're making a recreation?

Reasonable price?

Is $50k reasonable?

There's a 67 normale for sale at Swiss Motors in Culver City, CA. I saw it with a friend of mine. Looks nice with a respray at some point in time to a decent but not great standard. They want $75K for it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Why matching number if you're making a recreation?

Reasonable price?

Is $50k reasonable?
    Because i don't have the money for now to buy a spare S engine, as it should be in order to match a n°210 copy. And i would be very lucky if i could find this T with an S engine already inside, moreover for the "reasonable" price i'm asking for. Then, i prefer to buy this 911 with the true 81kw inside and upgrading it little by little with a floating budget... Of course, if the market still grows on that speculative wave, increasing selling prices as dumb, and if a non-matching but period correct engine is coming with a great opportunity, i would certainly re-consider my opinion on that point. I'm not searching for a top car, interior and paint can be damaged, i don't really care, cause i'm going to throw aways lot of things inside and doing rallyes in the local Alps usually makes bodies suffer. My Targa has an awesome preserved structure and strong engine, but my paint shows a lot of defaults... Then, a "reasonable" price ? Well, my 911 2.0T LWB was bought in the US two years ago for 18k$. Am i really naive to believe that i can find an honest 2.0T SWB for less than 40k$ today ?

Hi

Here is a nice one that have come up look good I think. BTW the days of finding sub 20-30k 911's are gone seems you need at least 40-60k to play in the game.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks
    Julio (in Santa Cruz)
    71' 911S
    ------------------------------------------