Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Another Scammer

Just wanted to post an update on the famous Kurt Pomerleau aka dr911 aka Fuchs Wheel Company aka many other identities, he's been scamming people everywhere and posing as a US parts dealer when he has no legitimate business in the US and not paying obviously any taxes here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...e-scammed.html

He has gotten a new PO Box in Bellingham, WA at the US Post Office which he calls on his website his "US warehouse", and is now getting his parts from Bellingham Porsche using stolen money from Porsche owners of course. The only way to stop this guy is to complain to Porsche that they are supplying parts to a known criminal and hopefully stop the flow of parts. If anyone can help send a complain email to the parts manager it would be greatly appreciated:

Kemaar James
    (360) 734 – 5230 main
    kjames@rogerjobs.com

I'll try to make a long story short, but had a very unpleasant run-in with a customer. His name is Robert (Robbie) Baldassari and he approached mid-May me on Facebook Marketplace to buy two NLA Corbeau seats. Asked to knock off a couple hundred bucks, ($500 shipped) etc. I said I'd meet him in the middle ($600 shipped when seats were $300 ea + shipping).
    Several days later, replies, asks to add two other items to the shipment, I reply for the new price ($800 shipped), he says he will take them and asks me for my paypal info - this was May 30 (after many days of back and forth).
    I follow up the next day, and he says he's not sure he can make the $800 work. Then he messages and says he can do $675 shipped. I follow up again, and say I'll do $700 shipped to make it happen asap.
    A day later he replies and asks if I have an RSR style bumper as well. I reply nope, just the items and price we agreed on. Days go by, I follow up, no reply. A week goes by, I follow up, no reply. TWO WEEKS go by, and he finally replies and says he's not sure about the car project anymore. Then he asks for my cell number, which I usually don't do, but did. He calls, we talk and work out the deal. He calls two more times that day, in quick succession for other questions about parts. He agrees to send paypal and does so on Saturday, June 17.
    He calls me to see where the shipment is at on Wed, and I let him know I thought I had a box, but had to go to Uhaul and get one, his seats and other parts will ship tomorrow, Thurs the 22nd or Fri the 23rd. I apologize for the delay, he says it's no problem.
    I am home with my daughter (who I only get 50% of the time so I value that time, and Robbie starts calling at 7:30pm. I don't answer as it is late in the evening and I'm spending time with my daughter - he calls 4 more times by 9:30. Then, at 10:30pm, he calls TEN TIMES in as quick a succession as he can. Over just a couple minutes. At that point, I blocked his number. We had been messaging on facebook, and had each other's emails from paypal, so no problem in continuing to communicate that way.
    A minute after his last 10:30pm phone call, he files a claim with paypal, saying he never expects to receive his goods, yadda yadda.
    His seats went out the next morning, he received them on Tuesday, never replied to the information I submitted to paypal. After the seats and parts were delivered I updated the claim and asked him to drop it. A few days later he did.
    Next, he files an unauthorized charge through his bank with the card he used. I submitted photographic evidence of the box sitting on his porch (thank you UPS) and paypal dropped that claim too.

So, long story short - he was a high maintenance customer needing to change the order more than once, asking many questions about parts I didn't have or have advertised, and then once he had my number (IMO) abused the privilege and became abusive, then tried TWICE to get the product as well as his money back.

Be aware when dealing with this person. He lives in Tennessee, but has a 570 area code.

Scam?

I received this PM from Macronbill - assume its a scam?

Hi, trust this meets you. My uncle's is tearing apart his 911, he's also putting some crucial parts up for sale.
    You can reach him with details of your search at corpmacron(at)gmail.com or 816 430-6501

Cheers,
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Seems like there's more of that going around.

Thanks for the notice both here and via PM. My research indicated that this was spamming and/or a possible scam. The issue has been dealt with. Moving these posts to the Scammer thread.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

maybe there should be limit of post before people can either post something for sale or message other person.

Jushua,

You need to posts 10 times before you can send and receive PM's...
    We don't allow sale negotiations on the board, it's all done through PM's.
    So, it's seems we have that part somewhat covered....
    The rest is up to you, with as much help and notices as we can give.

But as Peter has always said: Buyer (and seller) beware...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

In addition, I appreciate both forum participants who provided notice to me of a potential issue. Initially, all looked okay but upon further review, not so much. Gotta be diligent when it comes to any potential financial transactions as well as info sharing. Trust your gut.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

I know that it's not so easy and for sure not possible but it would be great if somehow buyer and seller can be covered by escrow...

Still people should really be aware at all time

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua3m View Post
    I know that it's not so easy and for sure not possible but it would be great if somehow buyer and seller can be covered by escrow...

Still people should really be aware at all time
    A possibility…

https://www.escrow.com/cars
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa