Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scammer

Another Scammer responding to a 'Wanted' ad.
    youngcheng111@hotmail.com

Robert Liberty (aka rliberty) is not a trustworthy seller. I paid $140 for a rear view mirror that came in with a cracked ball joint housing. For months, he promised to send me a replacement or refund me. He has done neither. I'd would thread with caution in dealing with this seller.

Banned
    I'm going to take care of this guy. I am sure I have another mirror. I'm just trying to find the right one for his 72. In addition, i have had a number of family issues with my nephew and son.

This is a hobby...not a business. Between my full time job, raising 4 kids, 2 nephews, and dealing with a few major issues associated with my 13 year old nephew and my 20 year old son I've been buried.

I'm sure this $140 mirror is a huge detriment to the overall performance to his 911. Don't get me wrong, i owe him a mirror. I missed that it was cracked in the socket where it connects to the stem. I believe it is still tight and probably works just fine. But I will make it right.

It funny. I have had two complaints in all the years dealing with Pelican and Early S. Those two complaints were for the two cheapest items I've ever sold. And i have sold some pretty expensive junk here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get it squared away soon.

Robert isn’t a scammer. Sometimes people mis a defect on a part and then life gets in the way.
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by rliberty View Post
    I'm going to take care of this guy. I am sure I have another mirror. I'm just trying to find the right one for his 72. In addition, i have had a number of family issues with my nephew and son.

This is a hobby...not a business. Between my full time job, raising 4 kids, 2 nephews, and dealing with a few major issues associated with my 13 year old nephew and my 20 year old son I've been buried.

I'm sure this $140 mirror is a huge detriment to the overall performance to his 911. Don't get me wrong, i owe him a mirror. I missed that it was cracked in the socket where it connects to the stem. I believe it is still tight and probably works just fine. But I will make it right.

It funny. I have had two complaints in all the years dealing with Pelican and Early S. Those two complaints were for the two cheapest items I've ever sold. And i have sold some pretty expensive junk here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get it squared away soon.
    I would have not gone down this path had you been more honest with your promises. You keep telling me you're going to ship me a replacement in a few days and nothing happens. I was not even pestering you about it. I would follow up a month later and get the same promise. This has been ongoing since Jan mind you and I was starting to feel like you hope I would just go away. In the meantime, you're actively selling parts on forums. The mirror does not fit snuggly and would lose its position every time I hit a bump. It's annoying to have to constantly adjust it. It doesn't matter if the part was $140. What matters to me is the seller's integrity. I will not be holding my breath for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by mepstein View Post
    Robert isn’t a scammer. Sometimes people mis a defect on a part and then life gets in the way.
    I never said Robert was a scammer. I just question his integrity. It's not right to give someone excuses for 8 months and yet actively sell parts.

Quote Originally Posted by duckytran View Post
    I never said Robert was a scammer. I just question his integrity. It's not right to give someone excuses for 8 months and yet actively sell parts.
    Just let us know when you two work things out.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I actually told a scammer that (per his request) I had sent the Western Union Transfer to a neighboring town (25 miles away). He said he went to the town and there was no WU transfer.

I then got a WU transmittal doc. Filled it out (never sent it) and scanned it to him. He went to the neighboring town again and wrote me that he was becoming quite frustrated that there was no transfer.

We ended up exchanging emails with escalating tones when I finally told him that I had not and would not transfer to him or anyone else via WU.

He was pissed! He told me that I had casued him to drive almot 100 miles (back and forth 2 x)....

I guess:
    1- it's not nice to Scam a Scammer...!
    2...being a professional scammer can be expensive and time consuming....!

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Just let us know when you two work things out.
    It's been over 1 month and I have not received a single message from Robert Liberty. I'll cut my loss and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by duckytran View Post
    It's been over 1 month and I have not received a single message from Robert Liberty. I'll cut my loss and move on.
    Seller has been banned following no response to rectify the situation.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100