Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance ques. Which company is best

Insurance ques. Which company is best

Looking for the best insurance company for our older Porsches and would love to hear some feedback.
    Thanks
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

There are several existing threads on this just do a search: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=insurance
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Hagerty has been great for me. I have multiple cars with them.
    No Complaints

Yep, you can't go wrong with Hagerty. In fact, the founder, McKeel Hagerty, is a big fan of early 911's and still owns one, I believe. That being said, I recently switched to Chubb because their premiums on my three collector cars was a few hundred bucks cheaper.

worth a call or email to Chubb
    Jeff Walker 908 572 2313
    jwalker @chubb.com

The switchover list to Chubb has been growing for awhile now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I also have Hagerty - 73S and 97 993S. I am intrigued - sort of - by those who are switching to Chubb for lower premiums. I must admit that within reason, the only thing I care about is service and fairness with a claim I hope to never need to file. Are the Chubb people just as happy with that??

Haggerty is to Chubb . . . like broker is to underwriter

More important --- I think . . .

. . . is the type of policy

IMO --- if you don't have an 'agreed value' policy? . . . then you don't have insurance

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post

IMO --- if you don't have an 'agreed value' policy? . . . then you don't have insurance

Agree to Agreed Value

http://www.chubbcollectorcar.com/agreed-value-coverage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I have chubb for a '63B sunroof coupe, 66 912 and 68 911S...all have been restored to concour level and are agreed value at I think levels that reflect today's rising values.....have been very happy with their attentiveness.

a bunch of bs.

For some of us that live in condos, there are certain constraints that will prevent specialty car insurance such as Chubbs or Hagarty. The rules they state are clear, and personally, I feel they are completely unfair. Therefore, I can only select the conventional insurance business like Geico or State Farm.

Almost all specialty car insurance businesses forces vintage car owner that live inside condos the following constraints.

1. Must have a 2 regular cars per household before insuring a vintage car (even when realistically insurance companies knows almost all urban located condos only offer one parking space.)
    2. Must have an enclosed parking space that you the insured have a key. Having a security guard with a key car, to them, is not sufficient. (Your car can never be parked in a general parking space, no matter if you need a card key and need to get by a guard to get your car out.)
    3. Must have a no record, no incident status to become insured. (one ticket = denied)

Any two of the three will prevent you from becoming insured.

With that said, to me all the insurance companies are the same... So know your car well.. know what parts are on it.. don't rely on their underwriters. Never trust a body shop... at all.

sorry.. had to vent.
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384