Thread: 1975 911S Sportomatic - Your opinions

1975 911S Sportomatic - Your opinions

Hello folks,
    just wanted to ask your collective opinions on 1975 911S Sportomatic. im a long time 912 owner and member, and came across a 1975 911S SPortomatic, all original, faded paint, yellow color, for $15k, located in New Jersey.
    The interior is all original, rubber is good, did not check engine, compression, etc... nor did i drive it.
    If the engine is fine, and it runs well, is that a good price? Or is it not.
    I read that the head studs were an issue, so is the problem of overheating. I believe it is a 3 speed sporto.

Im curious to find out if i should consider it, or if the price is too high/low.
    thanks again,

Sam

Can't tell anything about the price.

You should ask Frank Beck here as he is a fervent sporto defender...

Olivier

Certainly not the fav transmission or vintage or color but if you like it that is all that matters
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

thank you for your input.

Sam

Banned
    Sam,

As Olivier has pointed out, you won't find many people who have emotions greater than me when it comes to the Sax-O-Mat.

At that price given the year, condition, and transmission I believe 15k would be all the money in this current market. Lots of unknowns here but please keep in mind that a Sportomatic is like a venereal disease (A really bad one. The kind that NEVER goes away. The kind that you need to offer full disclosure on in the beginning of a relationship.)
    Even if you attempt to hide it with antibiotics, creams, or a 5 speed conversion it's still there.

During the life of this post some of the "Loud and Proud" will boldly announce that they actually enjoy genital warts and Gonorrhea but I will let you decide on that one.

Good luck to you.

i was sure that Frank would give moderated an objective advise.

Frank you made my day'

The reason for this very lovefull opinion I think is that if you plan to buy a sportscar, you may prefer a car with a stick to play with gears change and exploit your engine the way you want.

If you're looking for something comfortable and easy to drive, searh an old mercedes.

If you want to experience some wilderness and ass kicking in a car, try to find a manual gearbox.

But everything is partial and a matter of taste of course.

Leaving in europe, we don't really have much automatic, and i think I never drove one !
    Learned with a stick, and never will buy something without. To the exeption maybe if i had the money to a pdk like car...

Olivier

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Frank, Frank, Frank

we can always count on a 'frank' discourse when it come from Frank

Somehow I feel the true meaning of what it is like to own a Sporto has been so succinctly sustained in my cranium, I may never cast a lustful eye in that direction ....

( kind of like going into a smoky bar, seeing this exotically wonderful woman with enchanting moves, tawny mane, smooth skin , with all bumps in the right places extolling every virtue of an impassioned embrace, only to learn your friend has now informed you he has been seeing a doctor and the prescription seems NOT to be working, after a tryst with this vixen....... )
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

thank you all. i have a 66 912 stick shift, but this caught my eye, because of the sporto. a conversion down the road is not a problem, if i get tired of the sporto, but i doubt.
    I just wanted something different, something rare, and an S !
    will see what happens. the car has been there for at least a year. its in front a guy's house, who is selling for a friend.
    Will keep you posted.
    Thanks you gents.

Samer