Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: MOMO LE MANS 360mm FLAT.

FS: MOMO LE MANS 360mm FLAT.

MOMO LE MANS FLAT 360mm

New leather respecting original stitching hand stitched

VINTAGE MOMO LE MANS manufactured late 60´s

SOLD

Horn button not for sale just for show.

Item located in Europe shipped with registed signed for, air mail.

Thank you for watching

Kindest regards

Paulo

IMGP4767.jpgIMGP4768.jpgIMGP4769.jpgIMGP4770.jpg
    Last edited by papiko; 03-13-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Some more pictures

IMGP4771.jpgIMGP4772.jpg
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Thank you This wheel is now sold

Thank you all

Paulo
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by papiko View Post
    MOMO LE MANS FLAT 360mm

New leather respecting original stitching hand stitched

VINTAGE MOMO LE MANS manufactured late 60´s

SOLD

Horn button not for sale just for show.

Item located in Europe shipped with registed signed for, air mail.

Thank you for watching

Kindest regards

Paulo

IMGP4767.jpgIMGP4768.jpgIMGP4769.jpgIMGP4770.jpg
    This wheel was repaired and not disclosed in the original ad. It re-cracked immediately as soon as I installed it in the car. Paulo will not accept returns for anything he sells because of the re-import tax into Europe, but he will offer you Talbot side mirrors in exchange. I agreed to take a pair as otherwise I would have been out over $700. The Talbots never arrived after 6 weeks. I know of another member who also received a wheel that had a spoke 'repaired' and which failed immediately. At this point, I expect him to refund me 100% of my money and pay the return shipping. Caveat Emptor.

If there's any doubt that these wheels cannot be properly fixed:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=momo+repair

You can clearly see that it was recently repaired:

DSC09845.jpg

DSC09851.jpg

This threath shoul be complete with all data included

Caveat emptor /ˌkæviːɑːt ˈɛmptɔr/ is Latin for "Let the buyer beware"[1] (from caveat, "may he beware", the subjunctive of cavere, "to beware" + emptor, "buyer").

Generally, caveat emptor is the contract law principle that controls the sale of real property after the date of closing, but may also apply to sales of other goods.

The phrase caveat emptor arises from the fact that buyers often have less information about the good or service they are purchasing, while the seller has more information. Defects in the good or service may be hidden from the buyer, and only known to the seller. Thus, the buyer should beware. This is called information asymmetry.

Its strang that you decided to go public probably to damage my reputation, which you allready did, but nevertheless I want everybody to know that I never avoid any responsability, or never imposed you any thing, I was allready at your disposal from day 1. You see Mike when you buy rare items, with 40 and 50 years this thinghs can happen, fortunatly for me YOU WERE THE 1º one that this situation happened. I have been buying and selling steering wheels and others for many years, I have more than 450 steering wheels sold over the past 10 years, I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. but there is allways a first time. I will post all our inbox conversation so everybody can read the all story, since you decided to come public. Fortunatly I have many members that are happy with the very rare items that I sold, including you with the 1º 380mm LeMans that you bought from me, and that you waited 3 months to be ready. The steering wheel in question was in a job lot of 30 steering wheels that came from Italy, as I said to you in private messages wouls I suspected it has been badly repaired I would not sell it, I have a permanent stock of more than 1000 items from steering wheels/horn buttons/lights/automobilia and I have a lot to go still. I thank God that in 10 years that I never had a problem before.

As that beeing said I will post now all our conversation.

(sorry for typos but english is not my mother language and I do the best I can not to do typos)
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Re: Black LeMans 360
    Originally Posted by ibmiked
    Originally Posted by papiko
    Hi Paulo,

I can do $650 shipped if that works.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

I´ll take your offer, paypal : papiko@netcabo.pt

kind regards

Paulo
    Hi Paulo, payment was sent yeterday, thanks. I know that the LeMans was originally vinyl and not leather, but were they ever available in black or is this one painted or anodized?

I'm also looking for a Formula 1 wheel or a Monza for my collection if you ever come across them.

Thanks!
    -Mike
    Hi Mike,

Ok so 1º thinghs 1º MOMO Le Mans was done in both colors, allthought black ones ar imenselly rare, probably samll numbers were manufatured, this one had the vynil all broke, and has some small "war wounds" nothing serious but hey that is normal for a 45 years steering wheel that God know where has been, i dont find them that easy actully i found 2 in 5 years, you have one, there was some reparation i can tell but is very solid, abd the looks is what you see in the pictures, i will list today 2 small diameters 3200 mm MONZA and ELITE in very good condition, if it´s from your interess let me know. I might have another Abarth wheel for sale in better condition that the other but that is more expensive!!Let me know

My kindest regards

Paulo
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Hi Mike,

I want you to know that I´m here to take and solve any problems or situations, I never had any problem with a member and I´m sure you wont be the first!!Would I suspect that was a bad wheel I would not sell it or even retrimed it!!But as I said, keep log in to forum, from tomorrow on, I will have some 20 talbot mirrors from late 60´s original, (very nice stuff) and I´m willing to pay you back in goods or get the wheel back by refund!!

It´s very obvious to me that you were allways very correct and I have you as a forum friend so please donnt you worry, you wont loose anything!!!

My kindest regards

Paulo
    Hi Paulo,

I had some time to take additional close-up pictures. I think you can see that it is a crack and the wheel has clearly been repainted. Look at the way the letters for LeMans have been taped around, and how the screw holes chipped so easily. Also, you can see how the hole next to the crack is not really round anymore.

I think it would be best to return the wheel to you so you can confirm what the pictures are showing. Maybe if you have any other wheels we can ork something out. Either way, you do not need to worry, we have done plenty of business together and I trust we can work something out that is good for both of us.

Cheers,
    Mike
    1967 SWB Hotrod 'Elsie'

R: 648
    E: 1349
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Re: Le Mans
    Hi Mike,

I want you to know that I´m here to take and solve any problems or situations, I never had any problem with a member and I´m sure you wont be the first!!Would I suspect that was a bad wheel I would not sell it or even retrimed it!!But as I said, keep log in to forum, from tomorrow on, I will have some 20 talbot mirrors from late 60´s original, (very nice stuff) and I´m willing to pay you back in goods or get the wheel back by refund!!

It´s very obvious to me that you were allways very correct and I have you as a forum friend so please donnt you worry, you wont loose anything!!!

My kindest regards

Paulo
    No problem Paulo, you have always been good to deal with. I will take some more pictures tomorrow and if you like I can send it to Mark Morrissey so he can analyze the wheel.

No need to worry, we are all friends here.

-Mike
    1967 SWB Hotrod 'Elsie'

R: 648
    E: 1349

Hi Paulo,

As you know I have purchased several wheels from you in the past. Last night I installed the black LeMans in my car and I must say that I am very disappointed. The wheel has been repaired once before for a crack and then painted. Once I put the wheel in the car and drove it this morning the original crack came back. When I look at the wheel very closely I can see that it was repaired because the large circle is not perfect, it is a little flat where it was once fixed.

I am worried that this crack will get much worse if I keep the wheel in the car. As I said, it has only been in the car for one day and I have not driven very much but you can clearly see what is happening in these pictures.
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

I will leave the decision to you. If you want me to return the wheel, then I will do that. If you want to send me two Talbots, that is okay instead.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Ok,

So it looks that is Ok now, basically what I wrote to you was, this is a awkward situation for me!!I dont want you to be in any kind of disavantged, but also for me is quite complicated to have something back from US into the EC, even if you declare it as a gift, they estimate a value and there is a minimum TAX in each category, when I send wheels or other stuffto US I allways make sure i send it as a gift, so you guys dont pay taxes, but as the situation is in Portugal right now, they just dont care, they aply a tax and that´s it!!Anyway, what could I compensate you with, the other day in Pelican-parts someone bought me a wheel that I wrongly descriebed as a 370 and it was a 350 the situation was a similar, in the end the other member manage to sell the wheel in US for 2/3 of price and I refunded the rest and everybody was happy, now in this case here is difrent, we are talking about a LeMans thar was repaired and resatored, but it stills a very valueable wheel anywhere, so I ask you do you thinkis OK tio send you the Talbot´s!!I will send some nice ones.

Let me know your thoughts

Paulo

(Sorry for typos)
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Hi Mike,

Yes it looks like it, but to be painted over the black anodized is not the big deal you can allways take out the paint!!, but if the crack is coming out that is something else!!Now what do you think if I give you a nice pair of Talbot mirrors??And you keep the wheel and we save a lot of money in shipping charges!!I will start a treath tonight about the mirrors I got. And you can pick a pair!!!I will sell them for about 600 to 750 (dependeing on condition) a pair so it will be like a refund.

Please let me know

Kindest regards

Paulo
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Hi Mike,

Yes it looks like it, but to be painted over the black anodized is not the big deal you can allways take out the paint!!, but if the crack is coming out that is something else!!Now what do you think if I give you a nice pair of Talbot mirrors??And you keep the wheel and we save a lot of money in shipping charges!!I will start a treath tonight about the mirrors I got. And you can pick a pair!!!I will sell them for about 600 to 750 (dependeing on condition) a pair so it will be like a refund.

Please let me know

Kindest regards

Paulo
    Hi Paulo,

I haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering if you have an update for me? I appreciate the offer for Talbot mirrors, but my car has already got 2 Talbots installed. Do you maybe have a 350 or 370 LeMans wheel in silver? I bought a very nice 380 LeMans from you that was recovered in leather (yes I know it is not correct) and I would like to find a 350 or 370 that we can change from vinyl to leather, maybe if the vinyl is already damaged?

Best,
    -Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike,

I was here all the time but also was bussy doing somthing else, now back to the LeMans, I thought it was a ended deal I never heard from you again even for the Talbot issue!!!I did not get it, this was a month ago or nearly and you reply me now and you asked me where was I???I was here all the time I´m here now !!!! I really dont know how to fix your subject, wnen the steering wheel was here it was not broken, I dont think is broken now, if it was fixed OK, I told you that had "it has it´s war wonds" to quote my message, it was painted or retouched, that is nothing bad about it, I know many wheels that are retouched. you wanted a new one like the 1ºone I sold you, that one was new NOS it was NEW just retrimed but NEW frame, well those items are gone. I can find one anytime, I´m allways looking for these items in Europe. Also and back to your wheel, to send the wheel back I will have to pay VAT when entering EC, and you will have to pay shipping back to Portugal, than I will refund you.i think that is a lot of expenses!Anyway it´s your call!!
    I was trying to find another way. So if you want to send it back, go ahead, to find another LeMans at the moment is very dificult as you can see by Ladenbourg house they get easy to $700/$1000 in silver, we have 2 choices, either you send me the wheel or i get you something else, you have Tabot´s allready Good!! I will sell now a few thinghs in forum because I need the money to keep going, Let me ear from you.

Regards

Paulo

http://www.autotechnikauktion.de/mg/...D=&L=1&uorder=
    Kindest regards

Paulo
    Kindest regards

Paulo