Thread: Early 1965 911 restoration car value

Early 1965 911 restoration car value

I was lucky enough to buy an April 1965 911 from a man I know on the east coast. It turns out the car still has it's original engine, body panels, interior, radio, possibly original paint, etc, and has never been modified except for a set of Weber carburetors installed at some point.
    It was really great to find one with such an early VIN. To own one of the first 999 built is pretty amazing, and matching numbers was just icing on the cake.

The downside is this 65 looks like it has been sitting outside for the last few decades and rust and weathering has taken hold. The car will need extensive work to bring it back. Regretfully, after weighing the costs involved to resurrect the 65, I have come to the realistic conclusion that I should probably let someone with more resources and experience handle this project. Doing anything but a top quality job would not be an option for a 911 this early.

I would appreciate if anyone has input on that value of this car. I realize it is difficult to do without seeing it first hand.
    Have there been any similar 65 restoration cars sold recently?

Name:  100_1963.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  34.3 KB

Hmm...It is strangely silent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    Hmm...It is strangely silent.
    Hilarious.

This group is sooo predictable.

Srogebry, be candid: It's 8:30PM PST, how many PM's do you have up to this point?

I would like to publicly throw my hat in the ring and offer you a fair price plus 10 free Mexican food dinners at the restaurant of your choice in the greater Venice area.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Hilarious.

This group is sooo predictable.

Srogebry, be candid: It's 8:30PM PST, how many PM's do you have up to this point?

I would like to publicly throw my hat in the ring and offer you a fair price plus 10 free Mexican food dinners at the restaurant of your choice in the greater Venice area.
    The vultures are circling...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Banned
    Very strategic move: He put the ad up during PST happy hour. EST guys already had 2+ drinks in them by then.

There could be bidders remorse by morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Very strategic move: He put the ad up during PST happy hour. EST guys already had 2+ drinks in them by then.

There could be bidders remorse by morning.
    Drinking and bidding? The S Reg Silent Auction is in full swing.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

we really need a way to capture these auction results...

lol... Late to the part.... but, I will start the bidding at $1000.

(HINT: if you want more money, you are going to have to post more than one pic.... and they need to be WAY bigger than that. Just sayin' )
    Jake
    Early 911S Registry Member #2799
    1973 911S - "Tangerine Tornado" - Two Time SCCA Solo II National Champion (1976 and 1981)
    1967 Corvette Roadster (Black/Black/Black) 4-speed

I suggest you get the Kardex before you offer it for sale

Would anyone be able to post a link to the Essen sale of the 65 Soterik mentioned?

"Similar condition car just sold at Essen for 100,000 euros....."