Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 911 S Coupe Raced SCCA and IMSA

FS: 1970 911 S Coupe Raced SCCA and IMSA

Offered here is my 1970 911 S Coupe vin 9110300568

The car went SCCA Club racing in the early 70s and then it evolved through it's early adolescence into a 2.8L RSR, 3.0L RSR (my favorite!), 934 body configurations. Unfortunately, the final configuration at the end of the 80's was as a slope / slant nose. The car is currently wearing the final slope nose body work that it ran during the 1989 Sebring 12 Hour Race (which can be easily converted into the Early IMSA GTU (#21) bodywork).

The chassis has had significant modifications yet it retains it's A Pillar VIN plate and under radio Chassis production stampings. The car has a period (mid 70s) SCCA log book with photos & VIN documented. I have many photos of the car through the 70s and the 80s. I have a long list of the races (Sebring 12 HR many times, Road Atlanta, Daytona 24 Hr, Charlotte, Mid-Ohio, and the drivers who drove the car (Charlie Slater, Hofstra, Bailey, Norm DuPont, Ken Brady, Klaus Bitterhauf, Vicki Smith, George Shaffer, Peter Uria, Mick Robinson, Scott Flanders, etc, etc, etc.......)

The chassis can be restored back to a 1970 911 S - This is of course the buyer's decision but please remember that this car has a great history and excellent "COOL Factor!"

The engine in the car is a mildly tuned 3.0L single plug unit with Weber 46 carbs and MSD Ignition. The engine runs well, tranny and clutch work properly, brake system is operational (930 Front Calipers mounted on the rear wheels, large JFZ calipers mounted on the fronts. BBS 3 piece wheels (11s and 13s) mounted. Fuel system (ATL cell, Fuel lines and Holley Pump) is operational. Car is not offered as being track ready - it will need attention to be sorted out first!

The car is offered at $75k as is or $62.5K with out engine or tranny.

I do not want to go through the entire history of the car with looky lookers, if you want to acquire the car email me at cwcssc@aol.com or call me at US 843 639-9393

Thanks!

89 Sebring Slater.jpg86 Sebring Hofstra 2.jpgphoto 1-1.jpgphoto 5-1.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Wow! . . .

. . . I love it when this kind of car comes here

Been somewhere . . .

. . . had a life --- and as a genuine race car, too . . .

'. . . Sebring, Daytona, Mid-Ohio --- SCCA + IMSA . . .'

. . . and now coming back!

Numbers-schmumbers . . .

Thank you for posting your wonderful car here with us

I hope we help you find a Really Good Buyer

We Can Be Heroes

Please do not restore this one back to S spec, let it remain a race car wth a slant nose (as that is what it eventually evolved into).
    Great to see it!
    Mbr # 2902

I like it in the red "69" livery...

Love an old race car with a soul.

Thanks for your comments - I like the "21" Livery myself.

The buyer can make the decision as to the future of the old girl!

Very cool 911 Racer...Sounds like good buy...

I hope to see it someday at the Historics in Monterey in #69 livery...

PS - Is the original S engine anywhere to be found?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

re: the original engine - no idea!

Just curious, why did you ask this question?

Would be nice to know what engine # went with your VIN originally...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

FYI this car was originally Pastel Blue! The construction specs are now posted on my Evil Bay advertisement for the car.

Registry buyers will be offered price discounts and massive incentives. Perhaps some additional items like Areoquip fittings, carb rain shields, original 380 MM leather steering wheel ( modified for one of the cars "shorter" drivers), etc.....