Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a 1965 MY expert

Looking for a 1965 MY expert

As some of you know, I've been looking for a '65 car for some time. And, wait for it..., I'm pretty sure I found it.

I'm flying out to see the car on Friday and I've been doing my research and making notes on everything I'm going to check on the car. These forums, as usual, are a great resource.

I do feel, however, that I'm at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to the SWB cars, to the '65 cars in particular, and to every little detail that makes a car complete and original. I've been around here long enough to know that, while I may be the Porsche expert in my little shop, there are individuals on this forum who've forgotten more than I'll ever know.

I thought it might behoove me to strike up a conversation and see if any of the big-brains on this forum might be up for, A) being available via telephone when I'm inspecting the car, reviewing photos, and acting as a long-distance consultant or, perhaps even, B) getting on a plane and flying out to see the car with me (the car is located in the SE U.S.).

Appropriate compensation is available either way and, in the case of option B, first-class airfare and hotel as well.

Feel free to reach me via PM with any questions.

Can you not post tons of pictures and we look at them as a group? You can not miss much then.

BTW how early 65? January is still kind of 64ish w/ different details.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Can you not post tons of pictures and we look at them as a group? You can not miss much then.
    He would be better off releasing a sex tape than doing this.

I would assume he's still in the discovery phase so discretion is crucial.

There are a lot of details to look for. I know some. There are a couple pros like Henk and Frank who know much more. You might consider asking if you can consult with either one on one. It will cut down on the noise and also on the chance of losing your opportunity.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    There are a lot of details to look for. I know some. There are a couple pros like Henk and Frank who know much more. You might consider asking if you can consult with either one on one. It will cut down on the noise and also on the chance of losing your opportunity.
    I am by far a pro but have noticed that even the pros miss details or at least don't point them out.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Another potential contact you might try getting in touch with on this site is "Bobs 67S"

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    I can say with no reserve, one of the most forthright and distinguished folks in this regard, and carrying more knowledge than a stack of cd's or encyclopedias, is the fellow just mentioned above.

Bob F. at Bobs 67S.

And he is a peer amongst the other peers that were listed. You cannot go wrong in picking the brain of any of them.........

( just search out what they have all written here in the past and it stands the test of time )
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    He would be better off releasing a sex tape than doing this.

I would assume he's still in the discovery phase so discretion is crucial.
    And I actually may release that sex tape. Stay tuned.

Frank's spot on. I've managed to put myself in position #1 for the car and I'm hell-bent on staying there. Discretion is the name of the game.

Thanks for the responses. I'm following up.
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 04-12-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Good luck, hope it works out.

John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Banned
    John was kind enough to invite me on his field trip.
    It was a successful adventure and a great opportunity to get to know a great guy.