Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: list of S/T thread, where ?

list of S/T thread, where ?

I recall there was a thread which listed all "real"/factory S/T', where is it ?
    I need the link as I might be soon able to update.
    thx
    Registry member No.773

I think there was an "ultimate s/t thread" that somehow dissapeared....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Dark forces are at work! I can't find it either

Angry Petulance

I'm afraid our contributor/ex-contributor Raj has deleted/closed this 56 page ST thread, and his 52 page 'Ultimate R' thread... I would assume because he doesn't agree with the way things are run on this board........ Now, it has always been the right of any thread starter on this board to delete/close any thread they have started.

However, I feel these 52 and 56 page threads of invaluable information, that yes, Raj has started and contributed to, should not be lost to the community...
    So, with Raj's responsibility they will stay closed... Until we find a way to bring back the threads without Raj's contributions... Trust they're still here...

In a small way Raj is holding this board hostage... or playing chicken with this board's moderators because he's angry and wants to pick up his marbles and leave..... taking some this information source with him.

Those who know me and this board know I NEVER make public the exchanges that go on between me, my co-moderator Peter, and the contributors... and in fact it should not be public........ And the usual rule is that me or Peter 'will take the hit' as long as the board stays relevant and undamaged.......
    Hurt me, my mama, my car... but not this board

With this, I trust the contributors understand just how upsetting this is...........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wow ! That was a WORLD reference thread.

I read the discussion about the 69S that went sour, sorry for both parties. Hope it gets settled over a drink.

It would be a sad thing to loose all infos available to a WORLDWIDE community. I contributed to this thread.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 04-08-2014 at 01:17 AM.
    Registry member No.773

I am surprised that Raj would act like this, he is a very sharing guy, or seems that way, like you say chuck, its valuable information, that is shared with the board.

Hope it all gets resolved, for the good of the board.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

That is childish beyond belief. I assume he has also removed the Le mans thread that he started. As a massive contributor to that thread, I would like to inform Raj that my archive of Le mans images that I posted in that thread have been deleted from my computer due to a virus. It is unbelievable that I may never have access to them again.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. But don't burn us all on your way out.

Maybe it is time to look at Board rules. I can understand if someone wants their posts removed. But to delete everyone else's in the thread is not right. I don't care who started it. One person can not "own" the topic. Many threads have become important repositories of historical information that others have invested countless hours in. Who is going to want to make that kind of investment if this can happen? Not me.

Mark

I sure hope things can be worked out to get that thread back on this board. It is one of my all time favorites, and one I look at often to research ST data and photos from the day. I think more has been learned about STs from this board than all the books published to date. We need to keep that information available and retrievable for its historic value.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Agreed. This is a very reasonable approach.
    Can we review the board rules on this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Maybe it is time to look at Board rules. I can understand if someone wants their posts removed. But to delete everyone else's in the thread is not right …….. Many threads have become important repositories of historical information that others have invested countless hours in.

Mark
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)