Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @sanfranciscosportscars.com - the 200k 911T

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Beautiful original car! Too bad it's not an S with sport seats.
    ??

As long as we're dreaming, make it a Carrera RS with $50k cash in the trunk.

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    wow, my car is worth at least 50 now.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    Nothing in the text about being restored/painted?? What am I missing??
    What you're missing is what isn't in the ad copy. An original chassis/susp doesn't have shiny paint and fasteners. I'm going to go out on a limb and even suggest that the motor has been apart because of the sealant on the case halves and the newly minted oil return tubes. Also the fan is way over-restored; original mag fans have a distinctively ugly look to them.

Don't get me wrong; this is a beautiful car but it's no longer an original car.

A car with "original" chassis/susp will show up here in a couple of weeks. The differences are staggering. Candidly if I were going to drive a car I would want the restored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    That is the ziebart rust proofing seal. Waxed from the inside out. Usually done to cars in the NE and salty areas - never seen it on a cali car.
    Ziebart application requires that several holes be drilled into the chassis (Door Jams Etc.) to coat the inner panels with their rust proofing. Typically plugs are placed in the holes created from the application.

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    Ziebart application requires that several holes be drilled into the chassis (Door Jams Etc.) to coat the inner panels with their rust proofing. Typically plugs are placed in the holes created from the application.
    and then they rust where the hole was drilled. At least 99% of the cars I've seen in mn here did.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Numbers

Figure I'd chime in since someone asked

ENGINE# 6135294
    TRANS# 7339951

Also appears to have comfort equipment, but I'll wait for the CoA (hopefully accurate, fingers crossed) before I make any more guesses about options

I was able to walk around and underneath it at the Stable last year, and it is very sanitary to say the least

Fire away!

Sam

I`m amazed that silver metallic paint has held up this long.My silver 71T with 38,000 miles had been repainted by the original owner simply because of oxidation.Sam.do you see any signs of this on the roof which is where it may first appear.I also think the fan has been powder coated.Mine looked awful and I had it coated.Looked a hell of a lot better,but that was before I knew it was a 100,000+ car!
    Member:S Registry #864

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon View Post
    I`m amazed that silver metallic paint has held up this long.My silver 71T with 38,000 miles had been repainted by the original owner simply because of oxidation.Sam.do you see any signs of this on the roof which is where it may first appear.I also think the fan has been powder coated.Mine looked awful and I had it coated.Looked a hell of a lot better,but that was before I knew it was a 100,000+ car!
    It is amazing to think it survived this long. I can't see any signs of oxidation on the roof, decklid or hood. Hard to tell if the fan was powder coated or cleared, but I've attached some photos, maybe you can point out anything you see out of the ordinary. The window gaskets do show some patina in spots and look like they have been on the car a while.

The seller represented it to us as original paint. Our body shop says it appears original and the Stable says they think it is original. We welcome anyone with an interest in the car to come see it in person and give us their thoughts.

It's older brother '69 912 is nearly as nice

911T.jpg
    911T-1.jpg
    DRIVERDOOR.jpg
    PASSENGERDOOR.jpg
    DRIVERSPAN.jpg