Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Kardex's available for LWB cars through '73?

Are Kardex's available for LWB cars through '73?

I have a '72 911T and sought out an individual who had access to Kardex's over in Europe. He said he only had access to the SWB Kardex. Does anybody on here know if a Kardex is available for LWB '72 models? And if so, can anybody tell me who to get ahold of? Thanks much, Derek

I believe it's '70 and earlier cars.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I believe it's '70 and earlier cars.
    That's what I was afraid of. My COA was vague didn't have the manufacturing date of my car. So when a COA says "light metal wheels". Does this mean steel wheels?

My car has "Pressure cast wheels" which I think are ats cookies.
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by Gearby View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. My COA was vague didn't have the manufacturing date of my car. So when a COA says "light metal wheels". Does this mean steel wheels?
    Light metal wheels means Fuchs alloys.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Geary My 71 purchase order form that I got from the original owner had light wheels in one box then on the final original bill of sale had mag wheel which the wheels were Fuchs. I'm guessing mag might have been for magnesium but back in the 70's any wheel that wasn't steel was called a mag wheel. I believe they used primed, painted or chrome wheels for the steel wheels. COA saying light metal would more in luckily mean Fuchs as they are about half the weight of the steel ones.

Great, that is good to know. I was hoping my car wasn't as plain jane as it appeared. I'll have to put together a set of fuchs I guess. When I bought it in '93, the car had 7R wheels on it, which the owner kept. He sold em for $1000 and thought he made out like a bandit. How times have changed.

member #1515
    Maybe they don;t let you see them but I know the factory had a Kardex on my 73. They pulled it to check my options when I was buying some parts for it at the parts window at Werks 1. Of course this was about 1975.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

"light metal wheels" described on your COA is sure vague.

I think for the '72 911T, the standard was the 5 1/2" x 15" painted steel wheel. Options were the Mahle "gas burner' 5 1/2" x 15" forged alloy wheel or the Fuch 6" x 15" forged alloy wheel. The ATS 'Cookie Cutter" press-cast alloy wheel was introduced in 1973 and the Mahle wheel was discontinued.

Standard painted steel wheels

Mahle "gas burner' 5 1/2" x 15" forged alloy wheels

Cookie Cutters available in the '73MY
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

If the steel wheels were 5 1/2" wide then it must have had fuchs, because the COA says 6J X 15. Name:  2014-04-22_17.59.55.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  54.7 KB I do know that this car was produced in Jan. of '72 as the original sticker is in the door jamb.