garrard_82_turntable.jpg
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Quote Originally Posted by dummkopf View Post
    Last time I hooked it up, it worked. I also have a pair or Electrovoice EV6

garrard_82_turntable.jpg
    I don’t have one ��.
    I never had a nice turntable. My last “record player” was a Sony that had a kind of x-y stylus drive. Not really sure why I had bought that, but I was enamored with Sony products. My very first (circa 1969) turntable was a Sony with a beautiful walnut cabinet. I guess I just kept going with Sony. My engineering colleague told me (circa 1995) “you know the Sony stuff is all crap.”
    Well the “modern” Sony turntable broke down and I was frustrated and gave my entire record collection to Goodwill. Maybe 150+ albums including every first edition Rolling Stones albums. I was mistakenly thinking I could replace them all with CDs.
    The only consolation was that the Stones records were scratched-up - remember stacking many pennies on styleless so the records wouldn’t skip.
    What I really miss are the Jonathan Winters comedy albums which, probably, couldn’t be reissued without a local riot.
    I do still have my Klipsch Forte speakers which my wife won’t allow in the house. I will build a shop to properly house them and blast Tchaikovsky‘s 1812 Overture.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

Still have my turntable from the early 70’s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Still using my Jobo acoustical 3100 every sunday, while my Bell tube amp is running nearly every day.

Playing this currently. My original Dual is back in mothballs.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Mine is the same year as my 911 and for this photo I put on an album also released in 1973 - dark side of the moon
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Listening to music on vinyl is my other passion. I have a Rega Planar 3 (P3). Rega just released a 50th anniversary edition of the P3 this month.

Unfortunately, similar to the Porsche world, Vinyl has gotten popular again over the past 10 years or so -- everything has jumped in price. Records are much more expensive now -- some of the records in my collection have become very valuable which almost takes the fun out of it sometimes - as I use/listen to my records.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

A good add-on to a vintage vinyl setup.. not as powerful as Klipsch but will play a pipe organ.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...images/543077/

Ya', I've got one, a Dual 1245 w/ Shure Supertrack, Still sounds great.
    Along with a pair of JBL bookshelf speakers and a pair of JBL floor cabinet speakers, all powered by a Marantz 2325 receiver.
    I'm the original owner of all of it, circa 1971.
    I'm sure the neighbors just love it, when I crank it up to about 7 with Santana (Soul Sacrifice) or the Who (Magic Bus), on a Sunday morning in the summer

Back in the early 80's I worked for PolyGram Records in New Zealand. Had all these great albums, including many German pressings on the Classical Deutsche Grammophon label. I remember how heavy they each were. Gave them all away....It was fun to go into the sound room and listen to new releases stamped from the masters that were shipped in from overseas. The guy was English and loved the Moody Blues - playing them over and over and it would drive us crazy after a while. We also used to throw the pre-stamped vinyl pucks at each other - they really hurt - but we were young. Then Cassetts arrived .....
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow