Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your dog...

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    that's awesome. Maine Coon fan myself - but I certainly get it.
    Yeah, I've seen a couple and they are really nice cats, almost dog-like personality too!

Here is our other Mau, her name is Isis. We are looking at maybe getting a dog (GSD) since we have more room at our new house.
    20171011_111008.jpg
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Seems like a proper place for this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Justa Coupla 'Rescues'

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    . . . looking at maybe getting a dog (GSD) since we have more room at our new house . . .

. . . Porty chillin' w/ Sasha . . . my Mom's cat

Get a rescue . . . if you can?

. . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . Porty chillin' w/ Sasha . . . my Mom's cat

Get a rescue . . . if you can?

. . .
    We might do that or possibly get a GSD that someone needs re-homed..
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    . . . re-homed . . .
    I like that

I volunteered at a shelter for a while. Met some great dogs --- like this one . . .

. . . I called him 'Hoagie' --- as in Hulk. He was huge --- 100 lbs + still just a whelp. Big + kinda kooky/needy/rowdy --- already too much for two previous owners . . . but boy --- did he want to please

I took one look at him, leashed him up --- then marched his fuzzy butt for about an hour . . . at my side, no pulling, no nonsense. Made him sit, made him stay --- about every 20 feet-or-so. Exhausting --- for both of us. Then before I took him back, I cooled him off, let him take a good grass-bath . . . to kill that 'kennel' smell. Don't think anyone ever took charge of him like that before. Great dog, I thought

All he really needed was a 'mission' . . . and someone to take him there, show him what's what

Wish I could've taken him with me

Still wonder how/where he ended-up . . .

Last edited by LongRanger; 10-15-2017 at 01:22 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Odin . . .

. . . not my dog

'. . . This is Odin. He is a hero.

Despite the fire, he never left the goats he was in charge of.

Here's what Roland Tembo Hendel wrote about his dog:
    As many of you know, Ariel, Scott, Stephen, and I lost everything we had in the Tubbs fire that devastated our forest home in Sonoma County earlier this week.

We had minutes to load up the animals and run from the advancing firestorm.

Despite the sounds of exploding propane tanks, twisting metal, and the hot swirling winds, Odin refused to leave our family of 8 bottle-fed rescue goats. Hours later when we had found relative safety we cried for Odin and our goats. I was sure I had sentenced them to a horrific and agonizing death.

Days later, when we were able to make it back to the property, we found a burned, battered, and weakened Odin, surrounded by his 8 goats, and several small deer who had come to him for protection and safety. Odin was weak, and limping, his once thick and beautiful coat singed orange, his whiskers melted.

Since then, Odin has been reunited with his sister Tessa. He appears to be getting stronger, and his sister's presence will surely help to lift his spirits and take some of the burden off his giant shoulders. Also the wonderful volunteers at Sonoma County Fairgrounds gave Odin a check-up and said he is in remarkable health given what he's been through.

He was limping and lying down more often than usual because his poor paw-pads are burned. But he will make a full recovery. Tomorrow he gets a shampoo, a grooming, and nice steak.

And with that, we are going to enjoy a pizza and a beer and a good night's rest. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and for sticking with us through this roller-coaster ride. . . .
    '

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...n-12279954.php

We Can Be Heroes

Helped move My Boy's place, this past week-end

Porty came along. Sat quietly 6 hours in the back o' the car --- there + back . . .

. . . then rode along for a coupla trips in the truck. Spent the rest o' the week-end baby-sitting

Take 'im with --- pretty-much every chance I get

We Can Be Heroes

This is our new rescue Zappi, she is a very active one and has the significant parts of both
    She's stubborn like a bull and fast and intelligent like a terrier - reminds you of not having anything edible lying around.

IMG_0632.jpg

I think we'll have loads of fun with her.

Just realized I never posted our rescue. Didn't have a dog when I stated this thread but sure happy we have him now. Nice to see progress from a terrified little dog to one enjoying his forever home.
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (57.3 KB, 332 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (207.5 KB, 337 views)
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 12-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Shetland Sheepdogs at work:

Martin
    Last edited by mrg3.6; 12-24-2017 at 02:22 PM.