Thread: WTB: Inner fender section with headlight tubes and J tubes, clamps

WTB: Inner fender section with headlight tubes and J tubes, clamps

I am looking the section from the pinch weld to a couple of inches above the tubes. I also need the J tubes and clamps. I found the J tubes new, but would prefer used. Below are photos of the sections needed.

_58_zps400bc70a.jpg
    update0681204165669_zps64b6014a.jpg

Below are photos of my rotted sections. The tubes are long gone.

IMG_3726_zpsb811101c.jpg
    IMG_3727_zpsd37e24ff.jpg

Thank you for any and all leads.
    Glenn Halperin
    Early 911S Registry Member #2956

I can feel your pain. I have rot in exactly the same areas. One guy fabricated a section for $300, but it was not the same gauge steel. Good luck, and if you find a source, let the rest of us know.

Damon can do the section in any gauge you want.photo.jpg

Still looking

I sent an email to Damon, no response yet. I just got off the phone with Restoration Design, they are at least 10 weeks out before they start pressing steel, if the dies work out perfect. I'm going to start calling junk yards. I'll post if I find anything.
    Glenn Halperin

Does anybody know what gauge metal is used?
    Glenn Halperin

18ga on the wheelhouse from the factory.

Glen, the first round of parts i made were LW @ 22ga. and i used a good car to form them from. sold them all, and i had another car to do, go figure? Subsequently, I had made a fiberglass mold of both sides, thinking RD was eventually going to make the parts i stopped there. I had yet another car to do, and used the molds to make a steel hammerform. I only made the left side , hoping that RD would make the parts. They had not. I can provide an 18Ga. part for the left side at this time, along with heavier j-tubes and 18 Ga. j- tube receivers. As it takes me 4 hours to bang out the heavier part in 18Ga its $400 for the side, $30 for the tube and $40 for the receiver. As I have been welding these cars forever, i can only say having a formed part is the only way to go in that area. And I welcome RD to make the part, lord knows I have enough parts to fab and weld, and would rather weld than hammer! I may go ahead and make the rt side in the future and pound them out in 18 Ga also, hope that helps. CC'd to the registry