Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
Absolutely agree. .

Chris had a PhD in Metallurgy from a respected British University. Posts like this (one of many such examples) often drew upon that knowledge of engineering and material science to illustrate his viewpoint and inform, which is what made them professional and interesting to read.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...autionary-note

It was this forum's loss when he felt he didn't want to contribute his knowledge here any longer.

Condolences to his aged mother for whom he was a carer and her sisters who survive him.
RIP Chris.

Steve
As a fellow metallurgist, I always enjoyed the underlying engineering aspects of his posts. I was always able to extract value from them, even if they were over my head at times.

Our family has had their own struggles with mental health issues over the years, so I can only imagine the level of grief they are experiencing, and the inevitable questions of "what could we have done?". The terrible truth being that mental illness is a disease like any other - sometimes the disease overcomes the patient. It is terribly sad for our community, but pales in comparison to the sadness of his family and close friends.