I am currently trying to come up with a game plan for the motor rebuild on my dad's car. Last spring I pulled the motor and disassembled it and am now trying to decide which way to go on a rebuild. 1966 2.0 Liter.

I have no plans to sell the car and will drive it like its stolen when finished. It has been suggested to me that since that is the case, no sense in rebuilding it to stock and to build something that will put out a few more horsepower.

It was suggested to me to look for some 2.7s heads, new cams, new 90mm jugs and pistons, along with the prerequisite case work of course, which would put me somewhere around 180 horsepower.

I am no engine builder, but I do have the help of a Porsche mechanic and I plan to do as much of the work myself as I can.

Anyway, I guess my question for you all is what would you do in a similar position? Does the 2.7s heads make sense, or would you go a different direction? What head, jug size, piston combo would you go with to add horsepower and make my car a little more sporty?

I appreciate everybody's help and look forward to your thoughts.

Josh