Hey Guys -

My 73RS clone is in for paint. I have a Stratton ducktail on there but my paint and body guy doesn’t like the lines of it compared to a real factory ducktail. He painted my friend’s touring RS a few years ago and said that mine isn’t the same. And is the one Achilles heal part which would distinguish my clone from a real RS.

The Stratton ducktail was built on a metal frame of a real 73T deck lid so I like that part but the fiberglass overlay just isn’t that close according to body guy as it bows in wrong places.

Going with a pure fiberglass piece like Getty or MASHAW is not an option as I am only considering ones with a metal frame. A real 73 ducktail seems unobtainium or would command a hefty premium so not really on the hunt for that unless any of you know of one. I did see that AASE and Stutgart Classica make one with aluminum frame but I can’t find any reviews on them.

So, can anyone attest to quality of those aluminum frame ducktails as compared to Stratton or is anyone else making a good aftermarket tail with a metal frame?

Thank for any input on this.