I'm about to have work started on the overhall of the suspension on my '69. I've been picking everybody's brains about various details. Thanks to those who have shared their opinions so far. Here's the plan my mechanic and I have at the moment. This would be primarily for road use but looking toward doing more DE/track events etc.

Install:

Poly/bronze control arm bushings
Low Friction Control Arm mounts
Offset Camber Plates
Koni Adjustable Shock Inserts (I have Koni struts)
Adjustable Anti-roll bar
Rack Spacer Bump Steer kit
Strut Brace

Poly/Bronze Spring Plate bushings
Weather Sealed Monoballs
Koni Shocks
Anti-roll bar, reinforced mounts
Rear Camber adjuster kit

Lower and Align

Does it make sense to go this far and not change the torsion bars? Several of you had also emphasized the importance of corner balancing as part of the alignment work. My mechanic had discouraged both these things but I think he was trying to keep me from spending every last penny I have. I think this is an all or nothing type of thing. If I push him for the corner balance should I also consider adjustable spring plates?

Last but not least (this is a big one) am I crossing over the line between reasonable restoration/subtle upgrade and building a hotrod/track car? It all started with the fact that a factory original replacement for spring plate bushings is no longer an option. Once I decided on the Poly/Bronze bushings upgrading the other components seemed logical.

Once again thanks for any bits of wisdom and advice.