Ok, the bad news first... my 912 got whumped in the butt week before last week and geico just handed me a check. Almost all the damage was to the bumpers, rear valance, and deck lid but the body shop told me that they will be painting the whole rears anyway by the time they 'blend in'.

Well I absolutely LOVE the silver SWB car with the RS flares as shown in the Ultimate T/R thread. The narrow fronts with the flared rears is just awesome and since you only live once and it is going to be 'away' for repairs anyway... so on to uniqueness and the bemoaning of the concours people . It will also be a bit nicer once the 2.8 gets installed. The titanium rods from crower finally made it in and boy are they light. 341g compaired to the stock 722. Almost too pretty to install...

Which brings me to the question and the good news: I realize the RS flare is more 'period' and I guess 'correct' for bastardizing a SWB, but after staring at lots of pictures I am coming to an opinion that the SC flares 'work' nicer with the narrow lips of the front fenders. Other than the fat, flat lip of the RS flare is there any other shape difference between the SC and RS flares? When this process is done is the sheet metal butt welded or does one piece need to have a lip crimped into it? I would assume when done correctly, there is almost no filler.

Sorry to ramble - thanks in advance,
tadd