I need to install a shoulder harness in my LW coupe and need some help. I would prefer not drilling any holes in the rear parcel shelf, so need help with other options. The car has the complete rear interior stuff and seats removed and the only thing back there other than the roll bar is the LW carpet. The roll bar is a period style hoop with one diagonal from top behind the driver down to the base behind the passenger. One of the mounting points for the base of the roll bar are the two outboard rear seat mounting holes. I thought that I could mount a V style harness there, but am not too keen on that option since it is behind my left shoulder - too far offset.

The next idea was to mount one side of the harness to that point and the other to the inboard seat mounting points. But they are just hollow "pins" and not threaded for bolts, so that seems to be out. Next solution is to find a harness bar to go between my main roll bar verticals. Brey Krause does not have anything for an early car. Does anyone know of another harness bar solution out there? I really need something bolt in as I do not (more precisely, will not) weld on a bar. Personally, I like the period look of the roll bar and don't want a permanent cross member (harness bar). Plus, the bar is painted body color.

Can anyone help me with a solution?