Here is a sample of a top-shelf two part base-coat clear coat system...Glasurit water 90-Line and Glasurit high solid clear. I must continue to give this product two thumbs up...way up! Silver metallic is by far the most difficult color to spray in my book due to the challenges in laying down the metallic’s without running them or, having the metallic’s lay down uneven. The 90-line product was a pleasure to spray. The top coat clear layed down like butter. Super high solids making an excellent resistance to weathering and yellowing. Great gloss and holdout.....okay enough, I sound like a Glasurit rep. If you are considering having your car painted, I recommend this system. High cost for this stuff but well worth the pennies.

The project was a bare metal paint restoration. One challenge in the project was closing the gap on the 72 oil filler flap. Most of the these lids come with enormous gaps that do not match any of the other gaps. So, we close the gap to 3-4 mm to match that of the doors. Also, when stripping the paint down to metal, I found rust webs forming behind the primer. Basically, moisture finds it’s way right down to the metal. After scoring the metal with 80 grit, I applied a metal cleaner and conditioner and two coats of epoxy primer. The metal on Jim’s car will never see rust again. Jim, congratulations on doing your 72 911T right from metal right up to the clear coat. Enjoy!