Hi, I am a VW guy with some Porsche parts I acquired recently,
And I need help determining there worth and making new friends along the way
I own a 1964 Bahama blue bug all original matching numbers sunroof Dailey driver with all the VW bells and whistles, Also I am fixing up a 1987 VW cabriolet for my 16 year old daughter.
The parts I own for Porsche are as follows
1ea tool kit for 1970-1972 basket weave with all the original tools except pliers and 1 wrench 8mm/9mm to my knowledge, it looks good. My question is this should I find the missing original parts or sell it as it is? Also 1 BILSTIEN JACK looks like a VW but is in a Porsche plastic bag and has a curve to the piece you insert in to frame. Should I sell the tool kit and jack together or are they worth more separate?
One set(20ea) of lug nuts aluminum with black paint on them (chipping off ) but look decent I don’t know if guys use old lug nuts on there car or if you just get new one’s for safety , the guy said they were from his old Porsche. Also a front Porsche emblem older look very nice might need cleaned up or polished or left patina on it but is nice, he said I came from a original car he had.
1-set center caps in the plastic 3-prong, aluminum (I assume) with Porsche badge, no paint, plastic bag has Porsche on it
Anyway I would like some help finding out what to expect from these items to get some funds to finish off my daughters cabriolet. My guess would be aprox $700 to $900. For the tool kit .the rest is a guess .I will post pic’s later if needed
Your expert help would be greatly appreciated