Yeah, another red horn need. The set I have worked beautifully until recently the coil in one overheated and burned out. I have tried in vain to remove just the coil to see if that can be successfully replaced. I am not so sure that can be done very easily and seems a lot of work for a horn. So I am thinking that I could find a working banjo style trumpet horn that is in poor cosmetic condition. I could pull off the black metal housing with the magnet and coil from the working horn and transplant onto my horn. Does anyone out there have anything like what I am looking for?

Also, the later red trumpet horns have the EI magnet and coil housing perpendicular to the trumpet direction. Does anyone know if the housings from the banjo style and later trumpet horns are interchangeable? I would think there is a very good possibility of that being the case as long as the housing is the same diameter, it being attached by six screws, and the I portion of the magnet (on the horn) lines up with the E portion of the magnet in the housing. If this were the case, it would sure increase my chances of finding a suitable donor. Thanks.