Thread: '12 Motorsport Re-Union, aka Monterey Car Week

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

'12 Motorsport Re-Union, aka Monterey Car Week

Just got back this morning and downloaded a few thousand shots from 3 cameras as the first thing after unpacking the car.

Fabulous week all in all, great and interesting cars, friends and good people everywhere, fantastic weather, surprises, incredible soundtrack as a background........it just doesn't get any better than this - although it was quite crowded at every venue ! Makes you wonder if the whole concept of "Car week" hasn't reached its saturation point.

Personally I attended the following events at their respective venues and will be posting many photos of my experiences there in the next few days as time allows...........less the shots of course which will be sent to John Dilger for potential inclusion among other's submissions for the upcoming issue of the ESSES

Saturday, Aug. 11 & 12 Laguna Seca Pre-Historics

Tuesday, Aug 14, Cars-on-the-Avenue

Thursday, Aug. 16, Pebble Beach Tour, on Ocean Ave, Carmel

Friday, Aug. 17, Legends of the Autobahn Concours

Saturday, Aug. 18, Monterey Historics, Laguna Seca

Sunday, Aug 19, 62nd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Please allow me to start my "trip report" with a small "teaser" compendium of completely random shots of things I saw and found interesting at all of the events I attended. They're presented here in no particular order or theme, without captions or commentary to hopefully capture a little interest & anticipation and make you log on when I post images from specific individual events in the next few days. This year's honored marque was the Shelby Cobra in all its iterations........so be prepared to see a few of them.

Enjoy, and thanks for looking. Your comments, critiques and supporting or contradicting views and or anecdotes are wholeheartedly welcome.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 08-25-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers