Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
Stacy

I'm told that my engine came out of a car that was destroyed. I have no documentation to support that, but if you cross check the engine number 6630993 to the VIN number it links it to an actual car. The engine was purchased through the dealer in France when it was restored in 1987-88. I have the documents and service record from Sonauto when it was done; its 7 or 8 pages long listing every part etc. I've always considered my car to be a very early RS tribute car done well before it became popular. RS parts were readily available back then; my car also has 7" rear wheels (6/72 dated), 300km speedo, 380mm steering wheel, a plastic tank (but these were delivered on euro S cars like mine), Recaro sport seats, and 18mm sways from an early turbo. All bought at Sonauto! Pretty cool.

My engine also has a 930 oil pump, case savers and a later, larger oil tank from a 3.2 Carrera was used. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but who cares, I just like driving it.

Nick
Nick, don't get me wrong, I LOVE your, I hope my post didn't come across as a 'diss' of your GREAT '73...it certainly was not meant to...