Hi guys, I am new here and need your expertise, please. I just bought an early Porsche. My 911 Porsche Certificate came back as the manufacture date 4/65, color Silver Metallic, code #6206. I was told by a PORSCHE expert that this color did not start for the new 911 model until 1966 model year, but since my manufacture date is 4/1965, it is definitely a 65 not a 66 Porsche, and that it is very possible that Porsche used my car as an exhibition car for the auto shows, cross country or maybe even around the world, so people can see the metallic Silver color and order that color for 1966 model year, which manufacture begins in late 1965. Can you guys please help, have you guys ever seen a 1965 with a (factory original metallic silver color)?. Also I have been looking on line for any car show of the year 1965, were it shows what color PORSCHE company used, for their 911 Porsche exhibition car, but I have not been successful. Also he mention that PORSCHE could have made an exception, for someone very important, to let him special order that color from the factory, and they finish the car for him in 4/1965. either way he said it was a very rare car and he offer to buy it from me at $175K, the car needs to be restored, so I am thinking, if he is offering me that amount as his first offer, it could maybe be the only early 1965 factory silver metallic 911 Porsche left in existence, or the first silver in existence, if it is in fact, the one that PORSCHE used as their show exhibition car. Either way, he wants the car, but maybe, it could be worth a lot more, I saw on TV that Steve McQueen's Porsche 1970 911 just sold for $1,375,000. When a car is unique, or if it was own by someone famous, I guess Billionaire car collectors go on a bidding war and pay top dollar for that unique car.

So if this car, is in deed, the only early 1965 911 in existence, or if is the 1st 911 silver metallic made, car collectors could go on a bidding war to add it to their car collection, If the car is in fact unique, I don't think it will sell for $1.4 Million or who knows........ If I was a Billionaire car collector I would rather own the first silver metallic Porsche in existence or the last in existence of 1965, because MR. Ferry Porsche's favorite color was silver metallic, this is why the very first car with the Porsche name, was a (silver metallic color) it was a 1948 356 silver convertible, that car is priceless, and worth a lot more than Steve McQueen's $1.4 Million dollar 911 Porsche, that is why, the 1948 356 silver Porsche, is at the PORSCHE Museum. Because of this, if I was a Billionaire car collector, I would rather own the first 911 silver Metallic Porsche, instead of owning Steve McQueens 1970 Porsche.. Or PORSCHE would want it for sure, to also exhibit the first silver 911, next to their first silver 356, that is now in their PORSCHE Museum.

Please help me guys, with your expertise, maybe we can do history here. Perhaps, there is a member that was actually there in person back in the 1965 car show and has pictures or remembers what color the 911 exhibition car was for PORSCHE, in the 1965 car show.
Any information will be great
Thanks Guys!
Faresi