I know pricing threads are always beat to death but it seems the market on early 911's is headed through the roof at a ridiculous pace these days. With that, after looking on line and through various buying guides it seems difficult to really pin down what a realistic price of a nice clean LWB driver really is. I've seen beautifully restored examples starting around $65k and beyond pretty consistently (obviously based on model and options) and project cars around $20k (that are normally in complete or complete basket cases) but drivers are harder to pin point. I'm thinking, and may have read, this is due to very few drivers ever seeming to be for sale. I know tons of things dictate the pricing but on average I wonder what one would expect to pay for a clean matching numbers driver in mostly original cosmetic and good mechanical condition. The kind if car you can just jump in and drive with no worries although there are issues like a small amount of rust, oil leaks or imperfect paint etc.

Any thoughts from those in the know or those that sell early 911's? I know it's a broad question but I'm curious what the answer is.

Stretch