I built this for someone in the 1/32 scale slot car racing world and he will be building the chassis, motor, tuning and preparing to send off to Greece for racing in a proxy series. This is a one off, time consuming build. I was responsible for the graphics, painting and getting the body dialed in. He requested that I make it as authentic as possible and I thought I could make it look the part. The build is finished, I'm just playing catch up to post over here. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this, enjoy.

Decals
Designing the decals was the easy part for me and the first item to tackle. Although I've never printed on Bell decal paper, it was straight forward enough. I use special graphic tricks I've learned over the course of 30+ years to make them print so detailed at this super small size. (NOTE: the white balance on the photo is off, silly iPhone and lighting).

Next up was modifying a MRRC Porsche 911 body to replicate. Easy enough, the rear bumper comes unmounted in the kit, just need to trim the lower portion of each taillight flush with a razor saw. I didn't feel comfortable with filing the front rubber bumper strip off, so left it on. Next problem was a little harder to solve, the visible engine and loud orange megaphones. I used a MRRC Porsche 910 chassis and wheels to start this project with, I will be swapping out for proper wheels and narrower axles, does looks nice though.

Rear megaphones
I needed something strong and able to take a crash or hit. Brass channel and copper Romex wire soldered to this. The pipes are aluminum paint brush tips are glued on with Zap thick CA. I used the OE mounting holes for the MRRC chassis, seemed like a good spot.

Engine details, hmmm
I decided the easiest was to make 911 engine out of a printed photo and 1/32 birch plywood CA together.

Looks about right

Tony would be proud!

Next up is painting, decal application and detailing.

Cheers, Thompson