I'm not a great fan of the 'get an idea on value' threads of which many are posted just to solicit offers without actually stating a price.

This thread is kinda of a similar vein, and for that I apologise, although I'm not hiding the fact that ultimately (probably) I'll be looking to sell an engine!

As my current engine build developed I eventually found myself with a stack of valuable 2.2S parts surplus to requirements.....long story short; I agreed a deal that would provide me with the missing parts that had been used (cases, crank etc) enabling me to build another 2.2S engine.

The plan was to run a detailed step-by-step build thread with multiple photos (partly because I enjoy that) to enhance the value of the engine which I would then eventually put up for sale........however after 5 solid years of restorations I'm not sure I have the stomach for another project and I'm having second thoughts!

The question is.......is the engine as desirable as a batch of disassembled parts or would there be a much greater market value if the engine was indeed fully rebuilt?

This is on the basis of a complete original 2.2S engine with all 19070MY date-matched parts in top order, the rebuild by a top highly respected early 911 engine builder with everything done, i.e. line honed, shuffle pinned, time cert heads, boat tailed etc.etc?

I appreciate the feedback

And btw, please don't consider me rude but I won't respond to any PM's.....once I've decided the best route to go I'll place an ad with a price in the for sale section.

Cheers,