What can you tell me about this car? My father passed away and we are going to sell his 1970 911S he was a member on the early s registry for years. we are looking for info on where to offer it for sale. I don't know know how to get rid of this car and get a fair price for it.

The car was purchased in Italy when he was in the Navy in 1985. When he got it, it had been repainted in its original metallic green color and the chrome was blacked out.

When our family moved back to the US my father had the car imported in 1985 I believe he had door reinforcements installed in order to import it. He had the lights and speedo changed to US specs. Eventually he painted it a tan color. We ended up moving overseas again and he put the car in storage again. When we came back to the states and he retired in 1990 , he decided to restore the car again, and do it right. He had everything stripped and the car repainted. He had these European guys do the work. They used Glasurit paint and other european supplies. The engine was rebuilt by Heinz Badde. This was in 1992 or so. The car looked really good and had a lot of new parts. The engine was updated with carrera tensioners. It also has stainless heat exchangers.

When it was all restored it never did seem to run at 100 percent. The car seemed kind of anemic. Trying to fix this problem he had the distrubutor rebuilt by Stoddard. He also had the fuel injection rebuilt by someplace called Pacific. He had eventually put a pertronix ignition in the car. At one point he had the top end rebuilt (by Ivan at dulles motorsports maybe) after the initial rebuild. Someone thought the transmission was the problem so he had the transmission replaced with a good used transmission. We still have the original transmission. The original transmission seemed to work fine but might need to be rebuilt.

One of the last time he drove the car he was pulled over by the police. When he pulled over the officer told him to shut off the car. He pulled him over because the car was spraying gasoline and the officer saw it while following behind. My father took the car to the local Porsche dealer and had all the fuel lines replaced. He got the car back, but sometime later he noticed it was still leaking gasoline. After my dad passed away I found there was an old rubber hose that missed being replaced. This was one of like five hoses going to the fuel filter assembly. It looked like it must have been original to the car. I replaced that hose and it no longer leaks. I don't know if that old hose may have been leaking before and it may have led to the car acting anemic. Another thing that may have been causing the car to run weak is that it still retains the original metal fuel lines through the body (I believe).

I also noticed that some shift bushings may need to be replaced. The two that are pressed into the aluminum coupler were disintegrated so I replaced those. There still seems to be some slop in the linkage so I think the other bushings should be replaced. There is also play in the rear driver side wheel bearing. The windshield is also frosted around the perimeter. My dad wanted to save the 1969 world champion water transfer decal that was there. The body is pretty rough but it looks like there is no cancer yet.

This car has very low mileage. until recently it had the original tires on it

If I put a battery in it, the car starts and runs fine. I have not driven it recently though as the registration is expired.

Name:  IMG_0239.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  174.6 KBName:  IMG_0274.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  165.8 KBName:  IMG_0237.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  179.5 KBName:  IMG_0240.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  67.0 KBName:  IMG_0244.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  128.8 KBName:  IMG_0246.jpg
Views: 499