Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: '69-'73 Replacement Dash @ Lakewell

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    weird about the impressions on the speaker cover. I do have a proper replacement, albeit not quite this nice.
    I bought a NOS one from 92 and it had the proper grill but it was short at the vents! I might have a really nice original grill for you.
    72S, 72T now ST

Update on the new ones from Porsche they now have the correct grill pattern. They listened to that at least. They're still a little short on the ends but fit at the vents.
    72S, 72T now ST

Hmmm.. Any photos of the new one?
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    I might have a really nice original grill for you.
    interested. please LMK.
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Just spoke with my dealer contact. He confirmed that the speaker grille has been changed but there were no changes to the fitment of the actual dash or the incorrect vinyl. I guess it's something. Personally, I still have 2 new-in-the-box "Lakewell" dashes on the shelf as well as one NOS Porsche dash. But I have four 69-75 cars undergoing restoration. I dread the thought of installing the Porsche Classic dash. Waiting on good news from Carpoint or someone else.

First world problems...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Just spoke with my dealer contact. He confirmed that the speaker grille has been changed but there were no changes to the fitment of the actual dash or the incorrect vinyl. I guess it's something. Personally, I still have 2 new-in-the-box "Lakewell" dashes on the shelf as well as one NOS Porsche dash. But I have four 69-75 cars undergoing restoration. I dread the thought of installing the Porsche Classic dash. Waiting on good news from Carpoint or someone else.

First world problems...
    Yes, problems we all wish we had. Ha Good luck with all of your projects.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice SWB dash? I have a 66 lightweight hot rod project and at the moment I have a fiberglass dash although I would prefer a reproduction dash that is high quality.

Try Asse. Got the two piece for '68 and vinyl is good. Can be made to duplicate '66 if you have the metal frame.
    Last edited by doigthom; 12-13-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Trye Asse. Got the two piece for '68 and vinyl is good. Can be made to duplicate '66 if you have the metal frame.
    Thank you. I a pretty sure that is a Lakewell dash and the same one that Sierra Madre is selling. It's looking like this may be the only option out there at the moment.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. All swb dashes require the underlying metal frame. Not like the '69 or later dashes which constitute upholstery, padding and frame. If you don't have the underlying metal frame, there is no replacement dash per se for swb. Stuff sold by Lakewell and Sierra Madre attach to the frame. Sounds like 911hunt thinks they are all he needs. Sorry if I am misinterpreting his request but could be pretty expensive mistake.