Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correct seat belt eye bolts for 1967 911

Thanks for the info Jim. I did think this item did not run exact to production year, ie the one in the pics I posted came out of an un-welded 100% original 67 car.

Thanks again

Alan

Alan / Jim

Thanks for the clarification, this site continues to be the go to place to extend your experience and knowledge on these early cars.

thanks everyone for your input

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    All the early cars had a mounting receptacle for a shoulder harness mount. Stoddards now sells a reproduction of the "correct" shoulder harness mount:

Here's how my OLD seat belt attached:

I suppose it goes without saying that the shoulder harness mounts on your car need some work. When my car was being restored (circa 1998) I went to a long gone Porsche Salvage Yard in El Monte, CA and they cut the portion out of a body shell for me. The body guys welded that into my car.

European Collectibles has a 1966 prototype race car right now with a stripped interior. I took some photos for a friend who has concerns with original parcel shelves in his '68 911S. Unfortuneatly, the race car was closed and it has a black interior--maybe you can make out something:

This mount works with the Teka seat belts ( original factory option) shown in the photo. Im not sure but I think the other bolt with the HEX shaped head has a smaller diameter shaft that would work with the after market belts that were used in the states. Anyone else with better/contradictory info feel free to chime in.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarmelSkip View Post
    This mount works with the Teka seat belts ( original factory option) shown in the photo. Im not sure but I think the other bolt with the HEX shaped head has a smaller diameter shaft that would work with the after market belts that were used in the states. Anyone else with better/contradictory info feel free to chime in.
    I don't actually have a full set of Teka Seat Belts--my buckles are marked "Superior Industries" I suspect a previous owner put the Teka ends on an American harness.

By the way, there's a set of Teka Seat Belts on German eBay now for just EUR 2.799,00.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

I saw the Teka belts on German Ebay, I think they will be available for quite a while at that price. Then again, these are crazy times.

Getting closer to installing my Teka's. Does anybody out there have some good information on the plastic "ferrule" and metal washer?? Used under the hooks?

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Getting closer to installing my Teka's. Does anybody out there have some good information on the plastic "ferrule" and metal washer?? Used under the hooks?
    Hi JK

Not sure what you are referring to, but I can not recall any plastic pieces at all. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Jim

I think Joris is referring to these parts,
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...hors-Early-911
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Hey Jim,

Does Richard still have you on nappy duty?

Picture Haul shared Is what I am referring to. I have three questions:

- Did the SWB cars used the hooks with the little barrel spacers or not?
    - Where the stamped metal "cups" as shown in the above picture used?
    - When where the metal washers and plastic bezel as currently sold by Stoddards first used? https://www.stoddard.com/nla80312700...12700-nla.html

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Hey Jim,

Does Richard still have you on nappy duty?

Picture Haul shared Is what I am referring to. I have three questions:

- Did the SWB cars used the hooks with the little barrel spacers or not?
    - Where the stamped metal "cups" as shown in the above picture used?
    - When where the metal washers and plastic bezel as currently sold by Stoddards first used? https://www.stoddard.com/nla80312700...12700-nla.html
    Yup, it's good duty, though. SWB cars had no plastic parts that I can recall. Haul's pictures are the pieces you should be looking for.

Ciao

Jim