Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.7 with stock leistritz vs Dansk sport

Yes, i realize, the car has had all of this work done on intake also. Our fuel here in California is not amazing (91 octane 10% ethanol) but the car is over 100hp/l at the crank now on the crappy gas.
    I guess i could on the next session do a swap to the ssi and factory muffler to see what happens for giggles.

Has anyone taken apart the different brands of mufflers to explore what makes them vary in performance? I'd like to see some photos.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

I think the other factor is the age and mileage of the muffler and not just the brand. An original muffler with 100k miles will be mostly blown out and perform much like a “sport” muffler. A 100k mile Bischoff will flow differently than a 10k mile Bischoff. We’ve always had stacks of different hot dogs laying around. They are like comfortable pairs of shoes, certain ones fit certain occasions best.
    1969 911 E #824

Was following this thread and remembered i have and nos (never on started) early muffler . I had taken a picture ages ago and found it.
    Later date than the ones I've seen on the first page but an early pt#.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry#2021

Stainless wrap outer layer or regular steel ? Presume it is the outlet for pre-impact bumper ?

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Stainless wrap outer layer or regular steel ? Presume it is the outlet for pre-impact bumper ?
    It's at work, will check it out tomorrow.
    S Registry#2021

Not best pic as its stored on a pallet in a difficult spot to get access atm.
    I am only guessing at pre-impact but would say yes to that question, not sure about stainless but there is some attraction to magnet so would lean towards reg steel (is shiny finish under original finish).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry#2021

Thanks for checking. The stainless wrap do have a steel inside so the one I have which is stripped and clearly stainless outer is still attractive to a maganet. My curiosity is piqued because I have a 6 72 and 10 72 date both the same other than one is stainless outer and earlier regular . Trying to figure out did factory move to stainless at some point between those two dates or is later one some kind of fspecial edition albeit the shape and stamp markings indistinguishable. The question is nearly decades old so no rush if not accessible

Thanks for checking. The stainless wrap do have a steel inside so the one I have which is stripped and clearly stainless outer is still attractive to a maganet. My curiosity is piqued because I have a 6 72 and 10 72 date both the same other than one is stainless outer and earlier regular . Trying to figure out did factory move to stainless at some point between those two dates or is later one some kind of fspecial edition albeit the shape and stamp markings indistinguishable. The question is nearly decades old so no rush if not accessible

That is the period in which the dual skin mufflers started to appear. Performance is still equal. Just a bit more weight.

Regards. Robert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    I did not have a chance to too run the bischoff in the 2.7 just before the holidays
    Robert, did you perform this test with the Bischoff and the 2.7RS?
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176