Thread: Oil Hose Fitment Issue

voxboxer

Oil Hose Fitment Issue

Hello everyone,

I've rebuilt a 2.7L engine and just put it in a '68 912 body. There was obviously no oil tank, so I retrofitted an SC oil tank. The S hose fit perfectly but the other oil hose appears to be too long. I can screw in both ends but it creates a big kink.

I've attached some pics of the oil line. Pic #1 is the hose I'm using. Pic #2 is towards the rear of the car. Pic #3 is toward the front of the car. Pic #4 is of the hose connected only to the tank. You can see how long it is. (Please pardon the orientation of the pics. I can't figure out how to rotate them after uploading)

Could someone give me some advice on what I'm doing wrong? Is it the correct oil line for my application?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Since you have a non factory configiration it stands to reason you will need non factory length hoses. Brad Davis on this site can make what you need.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

voxboxer
    Thanks, edmayo. I just sent him a message.

When I had lines made for my tractor I used baling wire for the template. You can bend it for the curves you want and straighten to measure. I'm assuming Brad will have the fittings so you should be good. Give us a driving impression! I've got a 2.2 in a 67.

Hi Jeff,

Happy to help. Should be straightforward to shorten the line. I received your PM and will be sure to respond to you.

Best regards.

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547