Thread: Cars supplied by Porsche Cars South West in Texas

Cars supplied by Porsche Cars South West in Texas

Has anyone seen a maintenance record book stamped by Porsche Cars South West in Texas? I have seen books stamped by other distributors but never by them. I’m talking about in the stamp on back of first page of the maintenance record like the ones here.Name:  IMG_4547.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  23.3 KBName:  IMG_4546.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  53.4 KBName:  IMG_4548.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  61.2 KB

Interesting - the lack of responses on this makes me think my observations on this might be right. Ive seen two Texas delivered cars where the book was stamped Porsche in Teaneck NJ rather than by Porsche cars South West. Just cant figure put why that would be the case. As in the examples above you see other distributor stamps in books but so far not Porsche Cars South West Texas. Appreciate it may only be me who cares!

You might want to check with Bob Jones in San Antonio. His dad, Bill Jones, I think was the SW distributor at some point in the 60's. We bought out all the inventory back in 2018, had been sitting in a warehouse for decades.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Thanks for this tip. It's just so odd that I have never seen a book with that stamp in it when they were a major distributor and must have sold a lot of cars.I will make contact.

I reached out but got no response - does anyone have a car with a Porsche South West distributor stamp in it?

I've followed this thread with interest, as my '69T was imported through PCSW, probably distributed to Colorado. Other than the Kardex, I have none of the car's original documents, but I've also not found any booklets stamped by PCSW after years of casual looking. Maybe there aren't any.
    Rich Spritz

1959 BMC Huffaker Mk1 Formula Junior racecar
    1967 Porsche 911 racecar
    1969 Porsche 911T
    1970 Winkelmann WDF2 Formula Ford racecar
    1973 Merlyn Mk24 Formula Ford racecar
    2007 Porsche 997C4 cab (totaled by an idiot running a stop sign)
    2014 Porsche 991 TurboS cab
    2019 Cayman GTS (wife's)

Quote Originally Posted by raspritz View Post
    I've followed this thread with interest, as my '69T was imported through PCSW, probably distributed to Colorado. Other than the Kardex, I have none of the car's original documents, but I've also not found any booklets stamped by PCSW after years of casual looking. Maybe there aren't any.
    It is odd, I just casually took an interest in all the various distributors and realised that PCSW did not seem to feature in books. I really hope someone else can help us both out in understanding this. As a main distributor they must have sold as many cars as others, why then don’t you see their stamp anywhere.

Just replying to this thread - to keep it current and to see if anyone could have a look at an original maintenance record and see if there book is stamped by Porsche Cars South West Inc. in Texas. It's odd that they don't seem to exist,.

Martin, is there a particular year or range of years that is of particular interest?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Well I guess late 1960s. You see all the distributor stamps in books but never that one. The only Texas issued car I have seen has a log book stamped by Porsche of America Corporation in N.Y. Which does not make sense.